Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,008,068 times

Advertisements

Zillow is a little better, but not much. They use the tax appraisals for homes that haven't been up for sale recently...

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,491,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimboa View Post
Thanks Mrstxcop for your info. Actually the place is called the Colony of Indian Springs located on Navajo Peace Road. I did look up some streets in that subdivision and looked up the appraisal value for some of those homes. Each one of them are depreciating. I don't know why, they are only about 2-3 years old. David Weekely bought some of the plots that were previously owned by DRHorton. My husband's company assigned a realtor to us and this realtor does not give us much help but is very honest about areas we pick. It's frustrating when you don't really know the area and this will be our retirement home as well. My children are on their own. I don't want to make the wrong decision.
Hi Cimboa. Okay, the neighborhood you are looking at is across the street from my inlaws neighborhood.

My inlaws home has gone down in value as well according to bcad.org, but as others have said bcad is usually very low. When we sold our old house our bcad home value was 93k but we sold it for 150k, just to give you an idea.

Please feel free to contact me via DM (direct message) with any questions you may have regarding areas of San Antonio. My husband and I are both SA natives and we can give you some honest opinions, especially if this is going to be your retirement home. Also, my husband is a police officer and although he has worked the majority of his time on the RiverWalk, he has also policed the streets of SA for 2-3 years overnight, so he has a good perspective of areas at night.

Good Luck Cimboa. DM me if I can help in any way...

Old 01-05-2011, 07:22 PM

5 posts, read 9,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Sorry but if you are looking for your "retirement" home, you can pick a home in a better area.

Not sure what your budget is, but if you can afford an older home in an more established area, it is what I would personally do. In my opinion
We are looking at $200-250K. Any suggestion of an area with older homes and in a pretty safe neighborhood?

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,852,117 times
Come up to New Braunfels and look around.....LOT less headaches, IMO.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,008,068 times
Wow, has it really been a year?!?

Rivermist neighborhoods mark one year since wall failure - San Antonio Express-News

An excerpt...

Quote:
Homeowners reselling their homes appear to have taken a price hit in both Rivermist and the Hills of Rivermist after the wall failure.

A look at more than 100 home sales across three years reported in the San Antonio Multiple Listing Service shows that Rivermist, the original section of the neighborhood that opened for sales in 2003, saw per-square-foot sales prices dip an average of $7.07 to $75.12 in the year since the wall collapsed when compared with sales from 2008 and 2009.

In the Hills of Rivermist, which the builder opened for sales in 2005, the price per square foot dropped by $7.64 to $72.86 in the year after the incident. If a bank-owned property is removed from last year's sales, the per-square-foot price averaged $75.19.

In contrast, the median price of a San Antonio area home rose 1.7 percent in 2010, although the real estate market varies by location and prices never move in lockstep across an area.
Cheers! M2

Old 02-18-2011, 08:07 PM

10 posts, read 20,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimboa View Post
Thanks Mrstxcop for your info. Actually the place is called the Colony of Indian Springs located on Navajo Peace Road. I did look up some streets in that subdivision and looked up the appraisal value for some of those homes. Each one of them are depreciating. I don't know why, they are only about 2-3 years old. David Weekely bought some of the plots that were previously owned by DRHorton. My husband's company assigned a realtor to us and this realtor does not give us much help but is very honest about areas we pick. It's frustrating when you don't really know the area and this will be our retirement home as well. My children are on their own. I don't want to make the wrong decision.
We just bought on Howling Wolf and think we are really going to love it there. I got out and walked the streets and talked to some the neighboors and they had nothing but great things to say about the "The Colony"!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio