Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,003,542 times

Advertisements

Found a good list of San Antonio ghosts while trying to find info on the woman buried in her Cadillac somewhere in the southside...

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 09:51 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,213,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Found a good list of San Antonio ghosts while trying to find info on the woman buried in her Cadillac somewhere in the southside...

Cheers! M2
Thats interesting. Thanks for sharing.
What's up with the woman buried in her cadillac?? I've never heard that before.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 AM

It was referenced in the GBNF thread, Post #1345 then again in Post #1346. I could find no reference to it during a quick Google search...and maybe that is intentional; but I sure as heck would like to find out more about it! I posted on that thread asking, we'll see if anyone has any more info...

Cheers! M2

Old 09-18-2007, 08:09 PM

Well, someone knew about it. From the GBNF thread, I was able to Google the following...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disappear-here View Post
Wasn't it a Ferrari? Sandra Ilene West was her name.
You got it! I Google'd it and found the following...

Quote:
In a "Deal or No Deal" sort of will, Sandra West tasked her brother-in-law, Sol West to bury her in her 1964 powder blue Ferrari 330 America.

http://www.blog.rlarmstrong.com/archives/ferrari330.jpg (broken link)

She was to be wearing a specific outfit, either an evening gown, designer gown, or lacy nightgown and the seat was to be reclined at a "comfortable" angle. The car was to be encased in wood, steel, and concrete (they say two truckloads). In order to make this happen, Sandra's will stated that Sol would get over $2,000,000 if the wishes were carried out. If not he would get $10,000. After going to court to try and get out of it, Sol was obliged to bury his sister in law in her car. The car and Mrs. West are in a 9 foot deep hole filled with car, concrete, etc. in Alamo Masonic Cemetery at San Antonio, Texas (1801 East Commerce Street, Section 1-2).

http://www.blog.rlarmstrong.com/archives/sandrawest.jpg (broken link)

The simple grave marker does not give a clue to what is underneath. Husband and wife are now side by side. Both died at very young ages. Ike West Jr., 1934-1968 Sandra West, 1939-1977
Might have to go check this one out as well!

Cheers! M2

Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 AM

1 posts, read 9,858 times
are any of these places not closed down or anything?
I am looking for some cool places in the spirit of halloween

Old 09-22-2007, 07:21 AM

You can get to Donkey Bridge and the Haunted Tracks. However, the Chinese Cemetery, the Insane Aslyum, and the Hot Wells Hotel all have 'No Trespassing' signs on them. Personally, I wouldn't risk it, and I would expect those places to be even more heavily guarded on Halloween!

The Haunted House (or whatever it is called) across from the Alamo is pretty scary! Might want to give that a try! And of course the Alamo itself is rumored to be haunted...

Cheers! M2

Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 AM
tcs

218 posts, read 877,741 times
Wasnt there a crazy farm at Senic Loop and Babcock years back?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:02 PM

8 posts, read 85,765 times
They say SA is a very haunted city. I don't know but my son is convinced we have a ghost in the house & he's a teen. He swears by it. I think my sister's place is haunted, as some weird things happened. For me, as long as they are nice ghosts, I am ok with it.
We did do a haunted tour which took us to the Spanish Governor's Palace & The Menger. Some weird stuff happened at the SGP, so I think there is something to it. One weird thing was...a hanging lamp kept swinging & everytime it slowed down, it would then speed up again & when we shot it with video, there is an orb looking thing near it. Could be a light cast off (I don't think so) or a ghost. There was no fan, breeze, or a/c or anything to make it move & the other lamp was stationary. Hmmmmmm....

Old 10-12-2007, 05:56 AM

Whoo-hoo! A thread revival! I am happy to see this one come back to life, as it was one of the more interesting topics as of late; and gave us a lot of fodder for places to visit on the weekends.

By the way, we did get out to Sandra West's gravesite east of downtown off of Commerce. She is the lady that was buried with her Ferarri 330 America thirty years ago. Not real spooky, and her gravesite is pretty unremarkable (just a small marker for a headstone); but she is a local legend and we had to pay homage to her. Maybe if we went at night we might have heard the distant roar of the exhaust of the Ferarri...

Cheers! M2

Old 10-12-2007, 09:44 PM

2 posts, read 15,841 times
Anyone remember the "Insane Asylum/Fat Farm" out 281? It was in between 1604 and 1863 east of 281. We used to go out there in the 80's and the building was pretty much gutted by then with a thick layer of broken glass around the building. I remember the staff housing a little south of the main building that was of Spanish architecture and was built like a large square with a courtyard in the center. The floor was a black and white checkerboard tile.

Man, the staff quarters was way more creepy than the main building.

It is now some sort of meeting hall for rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio