Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:28 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,677 times

Advertisements

A burst of gunfire from a group of men in San Francisco’s Dolores Park, some of them wearing bandannas on their faces, wounded three people Thursday afternoon and sent hundreds of others scrambling for cover, police and witnesses said.

Source:
Confrontation led to triple shooting at SF

I feel like I'm reading a news report from the 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
SF cant have anything nice, there are always the s*** heads that have to destroy it whether its a state of the art playground for children, a nice park, a romantic viewpoint (twin peaks) and it just seems to be getting worse because the city would rather sympathize with criminals then get tougher.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:54 AM

522 posts, read 737,969 times
Actually, if we're going to bring race up (it's irrelevant other than for the purpose of finding the people who did it) but if we must, it was most likely a Latino gang. The Mission District has a long history of Norteno vs. Sureno beef. Just because gentrification has pushed people out doesn't mean it can't flare up again.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:50 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelatedTherapy View Post
Actually, if we're going to bring race up (it's irrelevant other than for the purpose of finding the people who did it) but if we must, it was most likely a Latino gang. The Mission District has a long history of Norteno vs. Sureno beef. Just because gentrification has pushed people out doesn't mean it can't flare up again.
I was going to post THE EXACT SAME THING. I mean if you're going to stereotype someone, at least use common sense and consider the geographic area they're committing crimes.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I was going to post THE EXACT SAME THING. I mean if you're going to stereotype someone, at least use common sense and consider the geographic area they're committing crimes.
Easier to blame black people all day, every day.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:02 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,064,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Easier to blame black people all day, every day.
How many racially integrated gangs are there in the Bay Area?

Old 08-04-2017, 02:25 PM

522 posts, read 737,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I feel like a lot of people on here are new to the Bay Area and have no understanding of the history in regards to the various neighborhoods and cities in the Bay Area. So they just say blanketed crap anytime something happens.

Last edited by PixelatedTherapy; 08-04-2017 at 02:35 PM..

Old 08-04-2017, 07:06 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's SFGATE, if they don't mention race in the description of the criminals, you know they are Black because if they are any other race they will be sure to make it in the headline... "WHITE MEN SHOOT UP PARK, PROBABLY TRUMP SUPPORTERS... (INSERT MORE THEORIES)"

Why does the race of the murderers matter? You wouldn't know them anyway. It seems only necessary for people like you to make a racial issue of it.

I don't care what race they are. I could tell you that I had a friend shot and killed by Asians (his friend was also shot, but survived) --Chinese murderers (( gang member)) to be specific--

I also caught red handed a Chinese kid breaking into my car, trying to yank out my stereo system (back in 90's). I also was involved with some Filipino gangs/gang members back in the day--Some in Oakland/ Vallejo/San Francisco/Hayward/Fairfield. I also knew a lot of Cholos and such long ago--

I am also part Chinese. I certainly wouldn't try to make a stupid point about all Chinese/Asian people being in gangs or that they are somehow more violent or prone to violence.

I personally have been more affected by criminal behavior by Asians ---BUT

It certainly doesn't make me more suspicious of Asians any more than blacks or Latinos or whites.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
It's like saying why do video survelience footage matter anyways! Descriptions make a difference but leaving out their race is like saying a person instead of man or woman. And what I find so hypocritical is if it's a White person Sfgate is all over it, Black person nope, BART wont even release footage of criminals. This is trending and it's sort of alarming

Old 08-04-2017, 07:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
How many racially integrated gangs are there in the Bay Area?
There are probably some small ones in east Oakland. But there are Latino gangs, Chinese gangs, Korean gangs and Black gangs depending on where you go. The mission has Mexican and Central American gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland