Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2023, 08:58 PM

927 posts, read 983,813 times

Advertisements

I looked though several camping sites but they are all either closed, shut down or members only with advanced reservation, in another words, all camping near the area sucks. My road planning just does not let me plan in advance. I am resorting to nice area to stop the car and sleep, but avoiding weird area such as walmart parking, run down places in general perhaps near nice park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2023, 12:26 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,509,162 times
Bothe-Napa Valley State Park has campsites: https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=477

Old 07-05-2023, 01:44 PM

504 posts, read 342,400 times
I've slept in hotel parking lots before. This free campsite app shows places in Fairfield and Benicia - https://freecampsites.net/#!Napa,+Ca...+United+States

Old 07-05-2023, 07:10 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,112,848 times
Many years ago I slept in the back of my truck in a parking lot in a rural area in NorCal because there was no cell reception and I couldn’t find my friends campground.
It was at Pt. Arena and we were going to go abalone diving.

Anyhow these 2 young cops woke me up with guns pointed at me.
One was on one side of the bed and the other on the other side.
It was like a Keystone Cops firing squad and I had to plead with them not to shoot me.
They were all nervous and were barely drinking age.
They scared the heck out of me.
They really did.
I had my truck full of dive gear and they kept asking what I was doing.

It only got worse when they told me to get out of my sleeping bag and I told them I was legally carrying a loaded pistol.
They started shaking and now I was really thinking these dimwitted ones were going to shoot me.

I reviewed the chain of events (by myself) and if given a second chance I don’t think I would have or could have done anything different.
I was polite, never rude or demeaning, kept an even tone, don’t drink or use drugs, clean cut with fresh clothes and drove a new truck.

Be careful out there.

Old 08-02-2023, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
Bothe-Napa Valley State Park has campsites: https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=477
thanks great advice. however i am coming from south bay travelling 70miles, adds another half hour drive. I am looking like more in direction of napa valley or near.

Old Today, 12:51 PM

reliving this oldthread, wondering what is the story with Spanish flat?
Last year it was closed (gates closed) but few days ago this year, I see gates are open and folks are having good time. I tried to reserve using posted sign by going to web address but reservation returned error when trying to book online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland