Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 07:18 AM

33 posts, read 31,365 times

Advertisements

Do San Jose home still increase in worth? I was informed that homes sell for far more than their appraised value, regardless of what it is. If a house appraises for a lot less money and then sells for $1.8 million, how would people be able to obtain loans from the bank?
Please, guys, storm some ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2023, 02:26 PM

Err, guys, please, any help is welcome!

Old 04-20-2023, 05:16 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,696,422 times
If you have a specific question about the area, please ask away.
But we're not Google, you have to do your own basic research first...

Old 04-20-2023, 05:21 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
I bought a home last year with much lower interest rates than are currently available. My home did not appraise at purchase price so I was out of pocket for the difference. My home has also declined in value ~10% according the likes of Zillow. I'm playing the long game here, so I'm not overly concerned, but it is sometimes tough knowing that the extra money I had to put down has essentially vanished into thin air ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Old 04-20-2023, 06:08 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Generally speaking, people that buy properties in the "$1.8" realm, don't have loans...

Old 04-20-2023, 06:58 PM

23,511 posts, read 23,986,796 times
At least some of these properties were purchased in all cash deals, using the proceeds of appreciated stocks/equities from the exercise of granted stock options. There are a lot of technology companies in San Jose, and Santa Clara County, from start-up through Fortune 500 and companies in between.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:20 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Generally speaking, people that buy properties in the "$1.8" realm, don't have loans...
Nearly everyone I know in my neighborhood has a mortgage on a house bought for well over $1M. I'm sure the down payment for most of these homes was paid for with cashed out RSUs from their employer (as was the case for me). Seems like OP is not familiar with the payment structure for the typical tech worker here in Silicon Valley nor the typical incomes for these workers.

Old 04-23-2023, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
If you have a specific question about the area, please ask away.
But we're not Google, you have to do your own basic research first...
Yeag, I got it already) I'm working on this.

Old 04-23-2023, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
I bought a home last year with much lower interest rates than are currently available. My home did not appraise at purchase price so I was out of pocket for the difference. My home has also declined in value ~10% according the likes of Zillow. I'm playing the long game here, so I'm not overly concerned, but it is sometimes tough knowing that the extra money I had to put down has essentially vanished into thin air ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Yeah, real estate values can fluctuate, and it's important to keep a long-term perspective.
However, maybe exploring options like refinancing or improving your home's value would be strategies or plans to potentially recoup that lost equity in the future?
Just a thought*

Old 04-23-2023, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
At least some of these properties were purchased in all cash deals, using the proceeds of appreciated stocks/equities from the exercise of granted stock options. There are a lot of technology companies in San Jose, and Santa Clara County, from start-up through Fortune 500 and companies in between.
I know it's not uncommon for folks around here to buy properties with cash from selling stocks and equities they've earned from exercising stock options, anyway - I see it advantageous enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose