Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 02:18 PM

30 posts, read 108,466 times

Advertisements

I will be in SF for an interview next Monday and if it goes well a relocation there in the spring is extremely likely. My wife's background is in accounting for banking firms - what potential market is there for this in Santa Fe? I'm guessing it is going to be tight for her with the possible exception of a government position down the road (I would assume that state residency of 1 year or some such is required for those jobs)? Can any locals shed some light on that sector of the job market in SF City and very near areas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 06:43 PM

332 posts, read 1,037,910 times
Well normally my answer would be Thornburg, but they're not hiring at the moment..... There are always banks hiring here, but they don't tend to be senior jobs - the Santa Fe New Mexican carries all their job ads online. Your wife will probably end up like the rest of us - stringing together a living in a creative way! I'm not in any way demeaning that approach - it makes for a more diverse life. The state has a hiring freeze at the moment, so that route is closed pro-tem. There's always commuting to Albuquerque on our shiny new train!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe