Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 11,149 times

Advertisements

Local and national papers recently revealed that at least 13 bodies have been found in the desert near Santa Fe.

The stories claim that these are the bodies of prostitutes and substance abusers. Word around Los Alamos circles is quite different.

Locally it is a well known fact that both Plague [yes, the Bubonic Plague] and Hanta Virus are well distributed in New Mexico and virtually non existent in the rest of the U.S. For scientists this is as much a mystery as the Roswell Affair.

Coincidentally during the past few decades it is believed that biological weapons experiments were conducted at Los Alamos. Some say that just as the papers report that Chromium and Radioactive Strontium have leaked from Los Alamos--so too have Hanta Virus and Plague--unless possibly they were carried here by the Spanish Conquistadors over 400 years ago? Whatever the case several Navajos who recently managed to observe the exhumation site of the alleged [only 13?] 13 bodies say it looks like something from the X-Files and that they were driven off by a large black helicopter--of the type often observed upon and above the New Mexico deserts.

With current winds between Albuquerque and Santa Fe raising huge dust clouds at 30-55 mph it is advisable not to go outdoors and inhale dust particles which might be contaminated with Hanta, Plague, and/or radioactive particles--not to forget New Mexican uranium mine slag particles. This is not a joke.

Todays New Mexican carries a cover story about a 38 year old New Mexican man fighting Leukemia. This is an unusually young age for a a formerly very robust man--a police officer--to contract this disease which is often caused by exposure to radioactive material.

Most of the people at the City-Data Santa Fe site who have the time and motivation to answer your questions are realtors who are now somewhat desperate for commissions on those extremely overpriced $350K-$10,000,000 Santa Fe "homes"; you can rest assured that they will do everything in their persuasive, manipulative powers to persuade and to convince you that Santa Fe is The Place to Be. They've got those payments to make on their Range Rovers, multi-million dollar mortgages, homes in the south of France and San Miguel de Allende, Harry Winston diamond jewelry, Pennington and Lawrenceville school tuition, Beverly Hills face lifts, etc. and they are currently at their wits end due to the sinking economy.

If you want more info about Santa Fe check out the website of the Santa Fe New Mexican [whose advertising is 95% funded by the realtors], The Santa Fe Reporter [which is far more honest, and entertaining about local realities], or best of all spend a week in Albuquerque talking to locals at malls, libraries, post offices, etc. You are likely to find the latter an excellent source of truth about living in New Mexico and Santa Fe. PS You are also well advised before relocating here to spend at least one month living here before you make that big leap into a very "different" third world.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,507,205 times
I have a morbid interest in crime and the mind of murderers so naturally this caught my eye. I have been waiting to see what they said because with that number of people it certainly sounded to me like a serial killer and the authorities HATE to admit a serial killer has been at work and has that many bodies under his belt and they are only now catching on.

Sadly alot of people won't care because some of the bodies have been labeled prostitutes. They are human beings and deserve the same respect as the rest of us.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:32 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,925,814 times
Locally it is a well known fact that both Plague [yes, the Bubonic Plague] and Hanta Virus are well distributed in New Mexico and virtually non existent in the rest of the U.S. For scientists this is as much a mystery as the Roswell Affair.

I don't know whether that's true about Bubonic Plague, but it's not true about Hantavirus. Hantavirus is endemic to West Texas also.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM

215 posts, read 653,429 times
Is this post for real? or are you just trying to start a major scare tactic?
I can't believe for a minute that any of this is true. Especially when you start in on the 'multi million dollar homes' with the Land Rovers, Harry Winston diamonds, homes in the south of France.......and all that nonsense, Come On! I am speechless. New Mexico a third world? Whew, where does all this get created? If you look at the victims that some of them are believed to be, listen to the families and the heartaches that they have been going through, seaching for their loved ones for several years. Look at the history and life styles of them, just where on earth have you come up with this crap about the Hanta virus or such? Scaring people about the wind and it's particles, especially with the wind the way it is right now. Leukemia strikes people of all ages and lifestyles. It doesn't matter if your 3 or 73, that's just the way it is. So, a 'robust man of 38' doesn't matter, that's the cards he was dealt unfortunately.
Shame on you.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:52 PM

53,168 posts, read 34,963,262 times
i smell art bell.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:31 PM

65 posts, read 246,895 times
Judging by his posts, "E" is a very unhappy person that seems to have some kind of grudge against Santa Fe.

The bodies were actually discovered near Albuquerque.

BTW squirrels at the Grand Canyon have been known to carry plague.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:34 PM

The bodies have in fact been found, I believe in a building site. However the part about the cover up I had not heard.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,300,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
However the part about the cover up I had not heard.
There were a couple of detectives that warned the current police chief about a possible serial killer. The new at that time chief and the mayor did not want any bad publicity for the city so they refused to act on those warnings.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM

215 posts, read 653,429 times
I know the bodies have been found, yes on the mesa, outside of ABQ. It's on our daily news, several times a day. I'm not saying that I don't believe the plague or virus are a problem, I'm saying that I don't believe this is the cause in this case. I'm saying that IMHO the OP is trying to use this tragedy to conjure up fear within the forum. Otherwise known as 'stirrin it up' - or a 'sh**disturber'......

Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful transplant View Post
I know the bodies have been found, yes on the mesa, outside of ABQ. It's on our daily news, several times a day. I'm not saying that I don't believe the plague or virus are a problem, I'm saying that I don't believe this is the cause in this case. I'm saying that IMHO the OP is trying to use this tragedy to conjure up fear within the forum. Otherwise known as 'stirrin it up' - or a 'sh**disturber'......
Your probably right. I should imagine it will end up being a serial killer. Prostitutes are often a target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe