Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 08:04 PM

211 posts, read 529,992 times

Advertisements

You guys are alright.

First, the bad...
-Kinda unkept properties. You guys could do a better job keeping up with your yards, keeping your adobes or whatnot properly fixed up, keeping the junk cars tucked out of sight, that sorta thing.
-Some of you guys could look a little better. I know it gets hot, but damn, not everyone needs to look like a freakin hippie in need of a shower. Seriously, come on, guys.

Ok, enough of that. Now for the good.
-Some of the coolest people I've met. New Mexicans are good peoples! Nearly every local we ran across was cool as hell, way friendly, totally approachable, very helpful. Big big props for that.
-Oh. My. God!!! Your scenery is breathtaking, for sure. We were driving somewhere around between Santa Fe and Taos when I had to pull over, get out of the car, and just stand there. I swear, I had an epiphany, just taking in the serene beauty of the desert. From that moment on, when I picture the ultimate peace, void of any pain, I'll think back to that desolate stretch of highway with the insane colors of the desert. Ahh, bliss, I see it now as I type this.
-Your weather is awesome. Well, I could only comment on the summer, as that's when we were there (last year). But, I've never been to a place that could be so comfortable in the shade the minute you get from under the sun. Very interesting. Here in Chicago, when it's hot, it's hot... shade or not.

Well, that's all I could thing off, having a bottle of pino grigio under my belt, haha. New Mexoco rocks, man. We'll certainly get back out there sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrolla View Post
But, I've never been to a place that could be so comfortable in the shade the minute you get from under the sun. Very interesting. Here in Chicago, when it's hot, it's hot... shade or not.
It's one of those physics things which is affected by the humidity, we have less of it... Go to White Sands where it is even drier.

Another way I like to describe it ir when you use your oven, Bake vs Broil...

It's kind of hard to maintain a desert, I guess further South from where you were, a drop of water falls and a thorny thing sprouts up, then paper gets caught in it, and the dust blows, etc...

But, Thanks for your comments. Really, it's nice to see what appears to be honest opinions...

Rich

Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 PM

Hey Poncho. Yeh, definitely warm thoughts of New Mexico and New Mexicans.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the food. We ate well while there, be it a steakhouse in Albuquerque, mexican grill in Santa Fe, or that quaint diner in Taos that served some awesome breakfast burritos. Good stuff.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:50 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,948 times
Hey rockinrolla -- I LOVE those breakfast burritoes at Michael's Kitchen in Taos!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Hey rockinrolla -- I LOVE those breakfast burritoes at Michael's Kitchen in Taos!
Yeh!!

Toas was pretty cool. I actually wanted to go there primarily to check out the earthship community. The tour was kinda disappointing, unfortunately. Oh well. Nice little town, and you can't beat the scenery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe