Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:52 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,050,034 times

Advertisements

My Oregon Dream Home is on the market, as of Sept. 16th My target relocation area, after years of consideration between east coast Florida and California, is the Sarasota area

Eventually, I will buy a town home or home in a community setting but for the sake of researching all Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice options I want to find a rental Town Home (furnished if possible) with no carpets, pet friendly not too far from the Whole Foods Market. If any residents of these areas or Realtors can offer me names of any specific communities, or PM me with the Realtor's name, I would be very appreciative.

I'm still living in Oregon, pending the sale of my property but my daughter lives in s/Florida can personally visit any recommended areas and she can lease the perfect Town Home (we will share it) if found.

Thanks for any responses; maybe we'll be neighbors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 PM

174 posts, read 409,299 times
ConeyIsBabe. Does that mean Coney Island Babe? Grew up in NY?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 PM

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp528 View Post
ConeyIsBabe. Does that mean Coney Island Babe? Grew up in NY?
Yes, Indeed, born in Coney Island, Brooklyn NY ! Skipped school at age 13, with girlfriend, and we hung out on the beach riding the Cyclone, the Parachute, etc. ~ fun times

That might be why I have this need to return to the beach ..... Sarasota beach? Venice Beach ?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:53 PM

174 posts, read 409,299 times
Me personally, I would rather live in California. Only if I could afford it. Cost of living in Florida, definitely cheaper. Sarasota beaches would be my second choice. Siesta Key and Lido beach. There will be realtors, on this site, who could lead you in the right direction. They are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Below is another post that may help you and your daughter. Good Luck!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/saras...ok-buying.html

I know the above is about buying, but there may be rentals in those locations too.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:20 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,107,268 times
I think you will have an easier time finding something to rent in April after the snowbirds leave. I would suggest waiting til you sell to start to look.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,699,775 times
bring your ipad, cuz you're gonna be bored!

Old 12-19-2013, 05:35 AM

509 posts, read 907,597 times
Optimus, an intelligent person keeps occupied, and is rarely bored, wherever they are, ipad or none.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
bring your ipad, cuz you're gonna be bored!
It can't be more boring than now ..... out in the country with no sidewalks to walk, critters all around, gotta drive 8 miles to the "big city" of Grants Pass for some decent stores and the fitness center

THANKS for the good suggestions, so far I'm taking notes ! BTW, I'm a senior citizen so I don't go out partying at night (any more) LOL !

Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,748,988 times
Our MLS has a public side to it and you can begin watching there. The URL is Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS. If you don't see anything that works, contact the rental agents who seem to have the most listings in the area and ask them to keep you in mind.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:40 AM

4,621 posts, read 7,545,116 times
Hi,

The Whole Foods Market in our area is located in downtown Sarasota, on 1st street near Lemon. What condo communities located within what might be considered close by are mainly luxury condos, which come with a higher price tag, both for resale and as rentals. There are some less expensive options further away but still close to downtown -- they are older condo (not townhome) complexes in the US41 & Wood street area and also on Osprey Ave.

What is your budget for a Sarasota rental? Knowing that would help in making suggestions for you.

You may want to consider renting a small home as an option because most of the condo communities in our area have rental restrictions against tenants having pets. Most, but not all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area