Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 08:54 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

You did not say your budget or if you need a job, but if you can afford the high cost of living, and don't mind mostly a senior population, and bad traffic in season Sarasota can be a nice place to live for awhile. We lived there for decades, but it is a very transient place, always has been, always will be. Beautiful beaches, but much of the area has lost its old historic charm (if that matters to you). Downtown now resembles a miniature "big city."

Definitely more conservative than Delray, but way more liberal than it used to be in the past, especially around downtown and within the city core.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 3,422 times
I am a sales manager in the car business. I found a few nice dealerships in the area. My budget is around $2,100 for a one bedroom apartment downtown. The senior population doesn’t bother me. I would rather be around older people than loud and drunk college kids. The last time I was in Sarasota Florida was I believe 7 years ago. At that time it seemed like the perfect city. It looks much more crowded, congested and built up now.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:52 AM

314 posts, read 222,285 times
Sarasota has changed a lot and continues to do so. There's heavy traffic year round now as more people have moved into the area and it has put more of a strain on the infrastructure with all of the new development. Years ago red tide wasn't so bad in the summer months when locals could go the beach without all the tourists but heavy development and storm runoff has polluted our waterways and red tide is known to last for months now instead of the occasional week or two I remember of the 70s and 80s. Between trying to find parking and red tide, you won't be going to the beach as much as you think you will.

Downtown Sarasota is loud so if you want a more quiet place to live try east of I-75. $2100 a month might find you a small studio apartment downtown depending on exact location and any amenities.

Because Sarasota has a reputation for welcoming Artists through the years and priding itself as an artistic community, there is a liberal population here as well, we are not (yet) in a political bubble. If it's important for you to live in a conservative area, Venice, Englewood and North Port are good alternatives.

Old 03-16-2024, 12:31 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Other than Mercedes of Sarasota, & Kia of Port Charlotte, I have not seen 1 car dealership that is run well here in Sarasota County, & does decent volume.

Your expertise is needed here, so I hope you find a place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area