Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:06 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,944,812 times

Advertisements

I had dinner tonight at the newest Elle Tran creation COCO & MOSS located at the corner of Congress and Barnard facing Ellis Square. The food and atmosphere, as expected, were fantastic. They also opened (just in the last couple of weeks) a desert / sandwich / street cocktails place called SUGA MAMAS two doors down on the same block of Barnard.

NEXT UP FOR THE ELLE TRAN GROUP: A late-night Chinese restaurant with an Asian-fusion basement BAR (serving rare Asian liquors, beers and wines) in the spot on Whitaker where HangFire used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 06:09 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
I just went to The Vault on Bull St. near 37th. I believe it is another restaurant in the Tran group, since the coasters said Ele.

It’s super good and has parking. Sushi, salads and seafood, dumplings, tacos and soups. I went with a group of women who ordered a variety of things and all were great. I had lemongrass, coconut soup with mussels, shrimp and fish, that was so good I wish I could go get it again today.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:34 PM

975 posts, read 1,151,450 times
I think the Vault might be their best restaurant. It's especially wonderful when the weather turns just right in the Spring and the soft, warm breezes blow through the place, and they open up all their walls/windows at lunch time. It's the freshest dining experience this town has to offer.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:04 AM

The Grey has been named one of the world’s 30 best restaurants

https://www.savannahnow.com/business...rlds-best-list

Old 08-21-2019, 06:46 PM

975 posts, read 1,151,450 times
The Grey has failed to impress me twice. The food is fine, if fancy. And the digs are pretty interesting, if kinda sad, being in the old Greyhound bus station, complete with a Jim Crow "Colored" waiting area where you can dine on overpriced collard greens and stuff. They've got a good chef, and I like her story. But I've never been wowed by the food or the experience, to be honest. Once, the valet LOCKED OUR KEYS IN A BOX AND WENT HOME. It took an hour and a half of standing around after our expensive meal just to get our car back. They gave us a $25 gift certificate for our trouble, which doesn't cover two drinks at the bar. I never used it.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:38 AM

Everything you've heard is true. Ele Tran is amazing. This place rocks. Best Chinese food ever. GO!

https://flocktothewok.com

Old 09-10-2019, 05:15 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
I went to the Starland Yard a few weekends ago, and it was fun. The bar is nice and there is plenty of outdoor seating. There is an inside pizza restaurant which we will try next time. An adult only deck was not open yet, but may be by now. In the late afternoon, families with kids were socializing while the kids ran around the small play area. By the time we left at about 6:00, the families had cleared out and it was full of adults of all ages. I believe they plan to have music, which will be a great addition.

On the day we were there, the 3 food trucks were Chazitos Latin, Pie Society British, and an Asian one whose name I forget. Our party got something from each truck, and everyone liked their food. I think the winner was the fish and chips from Pie Society. It was a huge slab of crispy battered fish that was super.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area