Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times

Advertisements

Pooler outlet mall to begin construction in July

Pooler outlet mall to begin construction in July | savannahnow.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,765 times
It is a shame that so many people spend so much time being so negative....think positve and think about those people that a project like this will benefit, like local small business.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:12 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times
Pooler mall property subdivided; water park slated to open in May | savannahnow.com

Old 11-19-2013, 03:17 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeamericanproud View Post
It is a shame that so many people spend so much time being so negative....think positve and think about those people that a project like this will benefit, like local small business.
I am positive that I'm glad I live at the other end of Pooler.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:37 PM

779 posts, read 973,058 times
Poor road infrastructure and planning is going to be the downfall of Pooler Parkway area in a few years. It is already congested. It's like Abercorn already (well almost).

Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Poor road infrastructure and planning is going to be the downfall of Pooler Parkway area in a few years. It is already congested. It's like Abercorn already (well almost).
Like Abercorn? Really? ROFL! Far from it!

Actually, if you do a Google Maps view of the Pooler Parkway / Godley Station area, you'll notice that the road network is really quite ingenious. For example, there are parallel streets that make it entirely possible to get to anyplace along Pooler Parkway without ever driving on Pooler Parkway itself -- Traders Way, Towne Center Boulevard, Godley Station Boulevard. The new mall will be accessible from both Benton Boulevard and Park Avenue. Coming from the north, exit Jimmy DeLoach and take Benton Boulevard straight into the mall. Coming from the South, take I-16 or US 80 to Pooler Parkway, and then Park Avenue straight into the mall.

In other words, there are multiple ways to access all the businesses on Pooler Parkway and completely bypass the Pooler Parkway exit on I-95. People who live in the area already know this. The only ones to worry about are tourists ... and people from Effingham!

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...6!3d32.1390143

Old 11-28-2013, 08:55 AM

779 posts, read 973,058 times
I say again. Pooler Pkw is going to be the next most congested road in the area (like Abercorn). This Effingham resident is very familiar with the road network and traffic in this area.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Infrastructure and site prep is complete and construction is under way, reports WTOC. Developer Ben Carter says 70 percent of the retail space has been leased, and they hope to have 90 percent negotiated by the end of January she. the much-anticipated tenant lineup will finally be announced.

http://m.wtoc.com/#!/newsDetail/24331169

I'm most curious to learn what the four "anchor stores" will be. There's already a Saks Off 5th in Bluffton, so that seems unlikely. But Last Call by Nieman Marcus and Nordstrom Rack both seem like real possibilities. Maybe Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware too?

Old 12-31-2013, 02:06 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I am hoping for a Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel. Restoration Hardware would be great too.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
Default Mall Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
1500 permanent jobs... I'll take that to mean 1450 minimum wage jobs working part time..
Retail jobs aren't for everyone but it's a good starting point for young people. Plus retail generally promotes from within so if you want full-time there are some assistant manager, manager jobs which open up.

My wife used to own a small retail shop, all of her employees were part timers, mostly nights and weekends. Usually these were people with low paying full time jobs that needed a few extra bucks.

People tend to put down some of these retail jobs, say at McDonalds, but over many years I have seen a bunch of new employees at McDonalds get prompted to shift managers.

Me, I will be retiring in a few months. I will have enough to get by OK, but a seasonal part time job at a retail store or maybe at a hotel seems like a viable option. A few extra bucks to spend on iTunes and at Starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area