Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 09:46 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times

Advertisements

If it were me, I'd spring for a hotel by the airport or in Pooler, which all have free parking, then rent a car near there. You won't pay near the premium you will be staying near or in the historic district. You'd also have the freedom to drive anywhere you want.

Tybee Island doesn't have any hotels, but if you drive out there early in the morning you can spend the day at the beach at Memorial Park, which is considered Mid Beach where there are public bathrooms and not as crowded as other parts of the beaches.It's also where The Deck Beach Bar & Kitchen is located, which is Tybee's only beachfront restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 07:41 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’d rather have the piece of mind of being able to go where I want to go, when I want to go, without depending on others.
And I feel the same way. However, the issue isn't what you or I would do; it is making a recommendation to the OP based on his or her wants. And the OP specifically stated that they just want to take an Uber to a downtown hotel and then walk around the historic district, take public transportation to restaurants (and that wouldn't even be necessary), and then get a ride to Tybee and stay there for a couple of days. I'm sure that if the OP wanted to rent a car and drive all over the place, s/he would have told us.

Old 03-26-2024, 07:14 AM

5 posts, read 1,093 times
For downtown Savannah, I'd recommend looking into hotels near Forsyth Park. It's a beautiful area with lots of dining options within walking distance. Plus, you can catch a free shuttle to River Street for more exploration.

When heading to Tybee Island, consider staying at a cozy beachside inn. I stayed at one once, and waking up to the sound of waves was pure bliss. Plus, most places there are within walking distance to the beach and eateries.

Old 03-27-2024, 04:32 AM

5 posts, read 1,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeskan View Post
For downtown Savannah, I'd recommend looking into hotels near Forsyth Park. It's a beautiful area with lots of dining options within walking distance. Plus, you can catch a free shuttle to River Street for more exploration.

When heading to Tybee Island, consider staying at a cozy beachside inn. I stayed at one once, and waking up to the sound of waves was pure bliss. Plus, most places there are within walking distance to the beach and eateries.
BTW, your trip sounds like it's going to be fantastic! Savannah is such a charming city, and Tybee Island is perfect for some beach relaxation. When I visited Savannah last year, I found great deals and insider tips on https://tripsavannah.com.

Old 03-29-2024, 09:34 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
They are starting a new shuttle service between Downtown Savanah and Tybee in case you're interested.

https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news...-and-savannah/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area