Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2023, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 487 times

Advertisements

We are considering a move back to the Seattle area from abroad and looking at high schools(we also have a middle-schooler). Can anyone share thoughts on high schools on the Eastside, and in particular North Creek and Eastlake high schools? We are most likely to land in the Northshore or the Lake Washington School District. We are still sorting out job locations, but a big priority is to be able to eventually be on a property with at least an acre lot (and we can't afford those properties in Bellevue).

One of my kids has mild special needs, so we care in particular about an inclusive atmosphere and class sizes, among most of the normal issues.

Also, Eastlake seems enormous! Any thoughts on trade-offs with bigger versus smaller high schools?

I did a search on the forum but didn't see much related to North Creek, and I understand it's a relatively new school. Some of the other schools in Northshore I have heard mixed things about. Are there other districts further out that people have great experiences with?

Thank you!

Last edited by rainyraccoon; 11-02-2023 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2023, 08:05 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,556 posts, read 81,131,933 times
Our 3 kids went to Eastlake here in Sammamish, and have done very well. All 3 have degrees and good jobs in fact one became a director for a county government at age 33. Skyline High, less than a mile down the road is in the Issaquah school district, and is also excellent. In general, all of the eastside schools are good or great.

Old 11-02-2023, 12:05 PM

8,170 posts, read 8,295,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyraccoon View Post
We are considering a move back to the Seattle area from abroad and looking at high schools(we also have a middle-schooler). Can anyone share thoughts on high schools on the Eastside, and in particular North Creek and Eastlake high schools? We are most likely to land in the Northshore or the Lake Washington School District. We are still sorting out job locations, but a big priority is to be able to eventually be on a property with at least an acre lot (and we can't afford those properties in Bellevue).

One of my kids has mild special needs, so we care in particular about an inclusive atmosphere and class sizes, among most of the normal issues.

Also, Eastlake seems enormous! Any thoughts on trade-offs with bigger versus smaller high schools?

I did a search on the forum but didn't see much related to North Creek, and I understand it's a relatively new school. Some of the other schools in Northshore I have heard mixed things about. Are there other districts further out that people have great experiences with?

Thank you!
Hi Rainy, North Creek puts you in a location where acreage/larger lots will be more plentiful and feasible price wise. I’ve had a few clients move into that area and they seem to be happy. Another thought: depending on how the lot is configured and privacy, sometimes a 1/2 acre can seem like plenty of space.

Old 11-02-2023, 05:20 PM

8,170 posts, read 8,295,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyraccoon View Post

Thank you!

Thought you might like this link about North Creek: https://www.niche.com/k12/north-cree...ll-wa/reviews/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area