Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,328,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The 'used' bit was a joke Axel LOL
I wondered if it was "who it stuck" but I wasn't sure? LOL That guy in that AR YouTube did a FUBAR on the trigger pin housing. Now he will have to use some Aluminum Black to touch it up. The lower is a piece of cake. I can do them in my sleep. I've helped tons of friends get theirs together over the years. The gun shows are full of barrels, uppers, bolts, charging handles and everything else you need. Not to mention that the gun shops around here always run sales on stripped lowers. It's always funny when some guy who looks like Woody Allen buys one. You know he doesn't have a clue on what he is doing. Just wait until he gets to the tiny little ball bearings for the standard A-2 rear sight. LOL I word to the wise, do it over a piece of WHITE paper. It's much easier to see if you butterfinger one and drop it! LOL Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Metal Finish 3 oz. PY-A-2693
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,044,575 times
Good tip: I prefer a whole, pretty good bed sheet sitting just off center when I know there will be little springs and ball bearings. Same thing for mc carbs, with notes and hand drawn sketches of linkages.

20 minutes goes by and I for one don't remember nuthin. Wasn't always that way, but my wife don't mind it any

Old 12-30-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Good tip: I prefer a whole, pretty good bed sheet sitting just off center when I know there will be little springs and ball bearings. Same thing for mc carbs, with notes and hand drawn sketches of linkages.

20 minutes goes by and I for one don't remember nuthin. Wasn't always that way, but my wife don't mind it any
He also marred the magazine catch roll pin bracket. Don't panic if you do. Just try to NOT do it and be more careful. That's what they make that stuff for. Put some rubbing alcohol on a Q-TIP and clean the marred area. After it dries or evaporates, rub in the Aluminum Black and watch the part turn black again! That front take-down pin with it's tiny detent and spring is best done in front of a empty, open cardboard box. If it gets away from you it just flies in the box. You don't have to get down on all four searching the black-hole of the carpet for an hour to find it.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 PM

My Yugo M-70 underfolder AK just like Mac's.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 PM

Ruger Mini-14 stainless Ranch Rifle with M-14 flashhider with Ruger factory 20 and 30 round magazines.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 PM

I also have it Harris Bipod and optic equipped. See the bipod bracket under the front sling swivel? That's for supported prone position firing. The Ranch Mini-14 has the receiver already milled for EXTREMELY STURDY factory scope mounts/rings. You can pop them on and off as the duty/mission requires in less than 1 minute. You put them back on in the same and don't lose your zero because of the notch milled in the receiver. They only go on one way and have to go back exactly where they came off. Cool stuff for ranchers and varmint hunting. It also doubles as your self defense rifle. Harris Bipods

Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 AM

792 posts, read 1,182,352 times
The OP pretty much asked what I came to ask.
So after reading a lot of the posts I take it most of you agree that the type of firearm to have for protecting yourself in the home is a shotgun? And the hand gun would be for the ducking, rolling, etc.?
I'm thinking I want to get a CCW. I have a beginners gun class next week. I just want something I can defend myself with without becoming a Rambo.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,044,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
So after reading a lot of the posts I take it most of you agree that the type of firearm to have for protecting yourself in the home is a shotgun? And the hand gun would be for the ducking, rolling, etc.?
I'm thinking I want to get a CCW. I have a beginners gun class next week. I just want something I can defend myself with without becoming a Rambo.

You have it. A .22 hand gun makes practice cheaper though. A .22 rifle makes practice for shooting long guns cheaper as well.

In SD, a hand gun is just means to get to the long gun really.

Axel, my folder is very much the same, but has wooden upper and lower forearm covers. (found 1/2 my mags, still gotta sort out the 2/3 that came with it.)

Old 01-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
The Rambo's will defend you when you can't do it or are overpowered. Hopefully, if one lives close? There is no such thing as going in half baked or not fully committing to taking someones life to save your own or someone elses. Remember that!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:18 PM

A friend reminded me of this scene and the one that follows. This is a classic example of what I'm talking about. That lady and guy had that .357 MAG most of whole time and neither had the guts to use it. She even sits there and watches a LE get killed right before her eyes while holding it loaded and all she does is ball! Now that kind of stuff......... P*SSES MOST of the real guys right the hell off! They will get it taken away and used on them!
Moderator cut: embed disabled by request of YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iepjA...eature=related

Last edited by MissingAll4Seasons; 01-02-2011 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: embed disabled by host
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness