Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,134,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Whatever the cost of that building...it's not $50,000 to $80,000 a month...

Probably more like around $5000 a month, if that...

We're all kind of taught and brainwashed that it's ok, as long as a 'capitolist' is draining you, taking your time, money and resorces...

We're taught that that's 'gooooood'.....

But if people get together on their own...and combine their resorces to own stuff...than that's 'baaaaaad'....

Workers, new roof, fix everything renters trash, insurrance, mortgage, maintance, taxes, vacancees etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 02:21 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,329,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Workers, new roof, fix everything renters trash, insurrance, mortgage, maintance, taxes, vacancees etc...
Not sure what your talking about...we're emphasizing two complete different things...

I'm trying to emphasize the humanity...and the need to look out for each other...

Like this thread here, in the unemployment section...hearing these peoples stories almost breaks my heart...

I hate my life, ugh.

Just regular folks, down on their luck...it's heartwrenching...
They did everything right, followed the system...and now what?

The system has left them banctrupt and without hope...and the only aid or comfort they get is from others...others willing to step up and in, to make a difference in their life...to offer encouragement or even real help...

Believe it or not...that is a good thing....and that's what I'm emphasizing...is that in the end, the system will abaondon many...

A system where all your worth is equated only to how much money you have in your account...running out of money, in this system, means running out of value...and your simply discarded...

Not if I had my way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness