Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,332,398 times

Advertisements

The only caveat is it's Russia's Far East and you have to start a business or a farm on your 2.5 acres within 5 years . Supposedly Putin is offering asylum for people seeking to leave the U.S. if Trump gets elected. What about if it's Hildog? Can we still go to Siberia ?

https://www.rt.com/politics/224099-r...and-free-east/

Forget Canada, Russia Offers Political Asylum To Americans If Trump Wins Presidency

Too bad America no longer offers programs like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 01:21 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Supposedly Putin is offering asylum for people seeking to leave the U.S. if Trump gets elected.
Can't think of a better place for such people to go! Siberia!

Old 05-10-2016, 02:39 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,993,628 times
Sign me up! I wonder if we get extra land for being gay?

Actually some of that land doesn't look too bad. About like southern Alaska. Five acres of oceanfront forrest? All you need is a yacht.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:10 PM

3,125 posts, read 2,096,792 times
Political asylum? I would like to see Putin's statement that it has something to do with Trump. It looks like it's open to any foreigner.

Those whining celebrities should look into it.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:50 PM

^I do believe the inquister article title is a bit of a stretch as I can't find anywhere where Putin specifically said that except where noted in the article. Got to love internet news "sources".

Anyways looks like he would like to entice 36 million people to move to the Far East to secure Russian influence on the border where the Chinese are eyeing the oil and gas reserves. The Russian government recommends people settle in groups of 200-300, and promises to build at least basic infrastructure for groups of 20 or more settlers. An individual would get 2.5 acres including children, so a family of 5 could have 12.5 acres. Any farm, hunting, guide, lodge or thrill seeking business will suffice.

And here is the best part. You can live absolutely tax free for the 5 years you're living there until it's officially yours.

And here is the other best part (except I'm happily married) there are 9 million more women than men in Russia making dating multiple women a real possibility.

Say what you want about Putin, but this is actually pretty cool. A family or group of people could basically start a town and the Russian government will provide the basic infrastructure. I already live in Alaska, how bad could Siberia be? Who wants to start the Self Sufficiency and Prepardness City Data town with me? Judging by our conversations we should all get along just fine over there. What could possibly go wrong ?

I doubt my wife will be thrilled when I tell her I'm moving to Russia. Maybe in the winter, I'll just ride a snowmachine over from Alaska and find me one of those Russian wives .

Old 05-11-2016, 01:46 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,599,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Sign me up! I wonder if we get extra land for being gay?
Doubtful: https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/01/14/...ing-gay-russia

Old 05-11-2016, 02:33 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,599,569 times
I wish America would do something like this. There are a lot of people buried in eastern cities with no job prospects and a lot of debt who would jump at the chance to settle and produce something on land out west. Provided there is still land out west that can be farmed or used productively.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:58 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,599,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
I wish America would do something like this. There are a lot of people buried in eastern cities with no job prospects and a lot of debt who would jump at the chance to settle and produce something on land out west. Provided there is still land out west that can be farmed or used productively.
They've done it in Alaska in the past.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:42 PM

^It will never happen in America again as they want us all to live in cities where we can more easily be controlled as monitored.

You can still buy state land in Alaska for very cheap and the state finances it with 10% down. Some of it's not too bad, but a lot of it is very remote with no road access and potentially boggy and swampy .

Old 05-11-2016, 05:37 PM

4,868 posts, read 10,563,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
. Supposedly Putin is offering asylum for people seeking to leave the U.S. if Trump gets elected.
Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense. I thought Putin was a big fan of Trump, along with the Iranians, and Russian media seems to favour Trump over Clinton, not least because he's divisive within NATO. I know it's a bit off the main topic, but I had to say it.

Donald Trump Returns Vladimir Putin's Effusive Praise - The Atlantic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness