Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 09:46 AM

17,522 posts, read 22,286,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The Navy Yard shooter killed 13 people with a shotgun.

Yeah, you'll come for those next.
Va Tech shooter got 32 with pistols......

UT Austin shooter got 14 with a bunch of weapons including a shotgun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 09:57 AM

22,145 posts, read 33,700,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Amendments are equally important in a civilized government. We the people can modify certain antiquated laws that hinder the rights of it's citizens. We need assault weapons because? .answer: we don't. Anymore then we need nuclear bombs. Be that as it may, a law can be changed. It will be welcoming to have this younger generation set the stage for safety and limiting the types of weapontry .
The 2nd amendment isn’t a law. It’s a right

Old 03-18-2018, 10:03 AM

26,110 posts, read 19,063,491 times
As usual, the tyrannists and the sheep who follow them wish to punish everyone for the criminal acts of the few. They want to blame society on the whole rather than blaming the defective criminal individual for his actions. They want to ban the automobile to prevent the running of stop signs... because of course, it is the cars that are at fault here. Come to think of it, banning cars to stop the running of stop signs would be infinitely MORE effective than what they propose to do in order to stop psychopaths from killing random people.

How about we dust off our brains and use some logic here (yes, I'm aware the typical snowflake doesn't know what that word means, but let's do it anyway):

What is a criminal, by definition? Someone who breaks laws, correct? So by the very nature of his existence, we could then assume that he doesn't give one iota of a damn what the laws state, right? What makes you folks think he will suddenly reform for this law?

So then, you are going to make firearms illegal for everyone under the guise that it will coax the criminal into finally waking up one day, after having thoughts in his head of blowing a bunch of people away for years, and saying, "Oh damn, guns are illegal now. Golly jeez, I guess I won't kill all those folks next week as I have intended to do for years. Perhaps I'll take up croquet."

Sure thing. And I have a bridge to sell you as well.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:07 AM

45,579 posts, read 60,945,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
This video is a good one on dealing with an active shooter. It also illustrates my point that if they ban the black rifles, they will go after the semi-auto pistols next and if they ban the semi-auto pistols, they will go after shotguns and if they ban the shotguns, revolvers will be on the chopping block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0

...great safety video to watch even if you hate guns.
I don't have to imagine anything. The day after the de facto ban on so called "assault rifles" was passed here in Maryland legislation was introduced to ban all semi auto and pump shotguns.

It hasn't yet gotten out of Committee for a full vote yet but it comes closer every year.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:20 AM

26,110 posts, read 19,063,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Amendments are equally important in a civilized government. We the people can modify certain antiquated laws that hinder the rights of it's citizens. We need assault weapons because? .answer: we don't. Anymore then we need nuclear bombs. Be that as it may, a law can be changed. It will be welcoming to have this younger generation set the stage for safety and limiting the types of weapontry .
I'll bet the victims of government tyranny who had their brains blown out by Stalin's "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" society and were dumped into trenches may have had a fighting chance if each had had an assault weapons in his/her hands, huh? At the very least they would have been able to attempt to stop themselves from being slaughtered like sheep.

How many times throughout history have we had a helpless populace victimized by a ruthless government? How many times does that need to happen before you recognize the pattern as a basic tenet of humanity? An unarmed citizenry will at some point become victims of tyranny. When has that NOT happened in history? Good lord, you'd think more people would wake up. It isn't rocket science.

And beyond that, your comparison is plain stupid. I can't use a nuclear warhead against an armed jackass breaking into my house. But I can sure use an assault weapon.

Are you up for banning automobiles as well? How many people have they killed both intentionally and unintentionally? Think of all the lives that would be saved if we all had to walk everywhere we went.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:28 AM

8,131 posts, read 12,870,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You can't ban AR-15 type rifles without banning a bunch of other rifles that are functionally identical, but not "ugly" or "scary" looking.
I am not a fan of the AR-15 platform. I am more comfortable with the M-1a.

It's not scary looking......

Except when it is........

Old 03-18-2018, 10:28 AM

34,310 posts, read 18,690,459 times
The AR-15's 5.56mm/.223 round was based on a small game/varmint round, the .222 Remington. They are almost the same. Therefore, its lineage is of a HUNTING round. The AR-15, and the .223 round, as stated previously, is a VERY popular hunting rifle, and round. It is used for many smaller game, small hogs, coyotes, turkey, and destructive pests like ground hogs, and prairie dogs, and even larger game up to deer. It has become America's rifle.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:33 AM

2,679 posts, read 3,880,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Many of the House Dems already cosigned legislation banning all semiautomatic weapons.
This is why they MUST go! These are evil people who trick the mob.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:35 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,217,440 times
Mr and Mrs AMerica - turn in your guns!!! -Nancy Pelosi

They do in fact want a total ban , that is the end game

right now its ar-15s, then its anything witha shoulder thing that goes up, then its anything with a pistol grip, then its anything witha detachable mag, then its anything of caliber larger than a .22, then its anything that holds more than 5 rounds, then its anything colored black, then its anything that holds more than a single shot, then its anything manufactured before 2018, then its a $5 tax on a bullet, then its a $100 tax on a gun purchase, and on and on and on.

Look at California and new york - and they are just getting started

Old 03-18-2018, 10:36 AM

34,310 posts, read 18,690,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I am not a fan of the AR-15 platform. I am more comfortable with the M-1a.

It's not scary looking......
Is that a Springfield Armory M1A? Beautiful rifle. I have a French MAS 49/56 in 7.5 French that fills that role for me. It is very similar to the .308. Yes, I reload.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness