Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 01:48 PM

15,585 posts, read 7,614,712 times

Advertisements

I've seen these Bluetti units recommended on some YouTube channels. Folks were pretty happy with them https://www.bluettipower.com/. They are available on Amazon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 02:36 PM

9,047 posts, read 4,744,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Okay, ballistics aside but still quite in theory, by the element of motion, one is producing static electricity and one does have a ground.

For our aspiring physicists.......is there anything there?
Yes, but they would be easy to measure in milli-watt-hours.
Might be OK to charge a battery powered watch.
Maybe even a flip phone, if it only runs part time.
Would need about a million of them to start a car.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:21 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,085,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yes, but they would be easy to measure in milli-watt-hours.
Might be OK to charge a battery powered watch.
Maybe even a flip phone, if it only runs part time.
Would need about a million of them to start a car.
Okay, it was just a question....with the 53E, it is a 100000 volts in one sweep on the main rotor.

Old 03-07-2022, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Okay, it was just a question....with the 53E, it is a 100000 volts in one sweep on the main rotor.
Yes, the static coming off the main roter would be more power.

I thought you meant the static coming off our bodies in day to day activity. Humans can generate about 15kv (if the weather is dry), and a short spike of a few amps, but the constant current equivalent is quite small.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:59 PM

10,380 posts, read 6,944,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yes, the static coming off the main roter would be more power.

I thought you meant the static coming off our bodies in day to day activity. Humans can generate about 15kv (if the weather is dry), and a short spike of a few amps, but the constant current equivalent is quite small.
In Junior Hugh, we used to drag our feet (wearing "wallaby" desert boots) worked the best, to generate a charge. Then, sneak up on someone and touch their ear lobe, thus grounding the stored charge. A nice blue spark and a slight "crack" could be head, followed by a foot chase through the library...

AS you say, this ONLY worked during a "Santa Ana" condition, when the humidity was <20%.

Now, to bring this up to current. Static electricity is a real problem for people that slide their butts across fabric seats, then reach for a grounded gas nozzle...

Old 03-08-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post

Now, to bring this up to current. Static electricity is a real problem for people that slide their butts across fabric seats, then reach for a grounded gas nozzle...
Great way to set a gas station on fire. Or at least you car.

"Do Not Reenter Vehicle While Fueling" signs should be next to the no smoking signs.

I tend to keep my hand on the fuel handle until finished, but then, I drive a bumblebee.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:05 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,691,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Looks awesome, but Jesus Christ the price!
I know it’s probably worth that, but 5k is still 5k.
We like ours!

Old 07-01-2022, 08:39 AM

14,969 posts, read 9,867,751 times
I have move on from this idea since after further research for my needs. I want all UL 'listed' components. I may get a small unit for traveling, but not now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness