Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 01:42 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I grew up raising cattle. Today I raise pigs.

I have never heard of anyone who aborts pregnant cows or pigs.

Dairy animals once they give birth will produce the highest quantities of milk. After being milked daily their daily production will gradually decrease. Dairyman will usually want their cows to give birth again to re-freshen their milk production. I don't think that aborting a pregnancy will re-freshen a cow.

So I am curious what the purpose would be to do that procedure.
I am not saying farmers abort the fetus of their flock,I mean if there is an aborted fetus,the farmer is not going to throw it away,he will cook and eat it-tender and fresh with growth hormone.
Soon the wealthy folks notice how youthful he looks and want to buy the aborted fetus from him,now does he intentionally abort the fetus for sale,I dont know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 01:52 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times
[quote=SilverBear;63643769]Either that, or they didn't use the Gregorian Calendar. [/QUOTE
Like the Celtis,the Chines calender is a lunar caleneder and has 11 Western calender months,thats why they said a baby is born after 10 months,one month past,he is 1 year old.
Backing to eating bark,people will eat anything to stay alive,shoelaces,during the famine years,Chinese will go to the beach and swallow sand.
Swallow birds built their nest near houses and there are swallow eggs,if they are gone,then how about the saliva.
Same with sharkfin,sharks washed up the shore has no meat but bones and cartilage,you take them home and boil them.
tree fungus growing on tree branches after rainfall,you can buy them in open market,sometimes I see fresh ones for sale at HEB,dried ones can be bought in Asian market .
During war time,parents swap children with other parents and eat the children.
Long ISLAND fisherman used to throw sea urchins away until they learn the Japanese eat them raw.
Grubs are tasty,

Old 06-18-2022, 02:32 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
... And in some cases, almost exclusively rabbits:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/nean...bits-1.4876856
The articles says
Quote:
... New archeological evidence shows that at times, a staple of the Neanderthal diet was a speedy animal that can't easily be hunted with spears — rabbits
It does NOT mention anything about eating rabbit exclusively.

As we all know, anyone who eats rabbit as their exclusive source of protein will fall prey to Rabbit Starvation. I have had friends who did that by mistake. they got terribly sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
... Oh another part of the theory is that once we started farming and eating grains (wheat, rice, etc) intensively, we developed certain problems with our jaws, teeth and digestion.
and diabetes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I am not saying farmers abort the fetus of their flock,I mean if there is an aborted fetus,the farmer is not going to throw it away,he will cook and eat it-tender and fresh with growth hormone.
Soon the wealthy folks notice how youthful he looks and want to buy the aborted fetus from him,now does he intentionally abort the fetus for sale,I dont know.
No.

B. S.

You are confusing the placenta with the fetus.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:34 PM

456 posts, read 307,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
That's just nasty!!!

[quote=mojo101;63644337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
Either that, or they didn't use the Gregorian Calendar. [/QUOTE
Like the Celtis,the Chines calender is a lunar caleneder and has 11 Western calender months,thats why they said a baby is born after 10 months,one month past,he is 1 year old.
Backing to eating bark,people will eat anything to stay alive,shoelaces,during the famine years,Chinese will go to the beach and swallow sand.
Swallow birds built their nest near houses and there are swallow eggs,if they are gone,then how about the saliva.
Same with sharkfin,sharks washed up the shore has no meat but bones and cartilage,you take them home and boil them.
tree fungus growing on tree branches after rainfall,you can buy them in open market,sometimes I see fresh ones for sale at HEB,dried ones can be bought in Asian market .
During war time,parents swap children with other parents and eat the children.
Long ISLAND fisherman used to throw sea urchins away until they learn the Japanese eat them raw.
Grubs are tasty,
Punctuation is your friend. Try some spaces between the words too. Much easier to read.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:37 PM

12 posts, read 3,373 times
On the far contrary : long digestive system like ours, humans, is typically Herbivore/Frugivore.

Meat is harder in the wild to catch, that's a simple fact. We went on meat because of a Survival matter, from winters to harsh environments, that led to FAR TOO MUCH. Meat Industry is destroying EARTH and Our Health both in terms of Quality (overdose of toxins/pesticide/hormones) & QUANTITY. Sometimes is NOT EXTINCTION of ALL LIFE, leading to our OWN EXTINCTION. Deserved by the way.

The subject is vast : we do what we want, individually. But don't drown into Destructive Misconceptions. Hunting was for milennia a survival activity that has nothing to do with Slaughtering ALL LIFE on EARTH, leading to Climate change and far others. Our own survival depends on how we interact with VITAL Diversity of Life. This is where the POWER is : DIVERSITY. And Alive, of course.

I am a vegan but Longbows are not for me : go in a forest with something far too long, and noisy....Hunting require small, quick, souple, silent bows called "hunting bows" to be successful. Longbows habe been invented by british invaders, not tribes all around the world thriving for hundreds of thousands of years before. It is SIMPLE LOGIC : small, quick, souple and silent. My hunting bows are to kill bipeds in due time. But this is also my approach.

We won't kill each other just for that : isn't it ? You do whatever you want as an individual. But SURVIVING needs to be very open-minded and FLEXIBLE. I won't lose my precious time and energies in saying stuff that are THE REALITY : Plants are not Grass. Plants are full of Vital DIVERSITY of Nutrients. Second, hunting is hard in the wild : you won't have any other choice as it happened for millenia than eating varying plants as well. Once again, animals don't produce Vitamin C, Sulfur, basic Proteins among : it's plants that process it. It's a complete fact, not bias. Have an infected wound without lavender or tea tree and dig your grave....eat hemlock or lilies among far-far others and dig your grave as well....

Knowing PLANTS in your immediate natural surroundings is simply VITAL. People are for the vast majority not prepared at all : if very few manage to escape the barbarity in cities, they will intuitively go towards the countryside. Where Nature is, where Life is : they will jump on whatever to eat, including rotten corpses full of bacterias/fungus/microbes in decomposition so deadful. Plants are not for decoration : they are more than Vital from nutrients to health, and they are also Deadful. Know them,

And big brains : for what ? Destroying Earth and our own specie ? Your own children in the near future...https://youtu.be/kvXJrGAxhi4, Worms haven't got any brains but they are far more VITAL than atomic bombs.

Good luck in front, it's all about surviving on our own. We are in the subject of Barks, so Plants world : open to it. This is not about not eating meat or fish at all, it is about HOW MUCH. When the collapse will happen, depending on each preparedness, hunting animals won't be easy at all. Nature is far from being stupid : any tiny noise, they escape far quicker than us. YOU WON4T SURVIVE AT ALL in being OBSESSED BY MEAT : for millenia, more than meat was a luxury for all reasons given and 90% of vital food was and WILL BE what's easier and more available also. Let your ego aside and use your "big" brain. Best survival in front, it's gonna be a very-very selfish path...it won't be Theory but Practice to the fullest. I am not eating meat/fish for 15 years and my health is far better in addition to be able to adjust more widely without losing too much vital energies : it's up to aynone, no free agressivity required. But being Self-Sufficient means being entirely part of Vital Nature : Cohabitation, killing Life when only NEEDED. Respecting the Reproductive process is a matter of Survival on a long-term basis. That's the mayhem with this modern world : we kill Everything quickly, we kill ourselves. No future, as a consequence. Native americans and others tribes all around this unique planet knew this perfectly well : they were eating salmon when salmon were vastly reproducing in rivers so in october-november, they were killing buffles when buffles were passing there in vast quantity etc etc etc. The Cycle of Life is not be Slaughtered but Balanced. And Vital Plants were for ages the vast part of this DIET. It's up to you to believe it or not : Vit C, Sulfur, Proteins among are ONLY created by PLANTS. Animals are not Sufficient, not at all. Plants Feed/Heal, Plants kill : choose.

Oh and by the way : plants are so useless that you can't even use them for Millenia to put them on arrows. Straight to the blood, straight to the heart, straight to Death. Aconit (queen of poisons) curare...useless for sure.

And please : take your time to read and digest. To OPEN, it is a matter of Survival to be Flexible...it is also Biology for billions of years.

Gone, I have to focus on other things more important.

Last edited by Corearth; 06-18-2022 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-18-2022, 02:45 PM

456 posts, read 307,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corearth View Post
On the far contrary : long digestive system like ours, humans, is typically Herbivore/Frugivore.

Meat is harder in the wild to catch, that's a simple fact. We went on meat because of a Survival matter, from winters to harsh environments, that led to FAR TOO MUCH. Meat Industry is destroying EARTH and Our Health both in terms of Quality (overdose of toxins/pesticide/hormones) & Quantity. Sometimes is NOT EXTINCTION of ALL LIFE, leading to our OWN EXTINCTION. Deserved by the way.

The subject is vast : we do what we want, individually. But don't drown into Destructive Misconceptions. Hunting was for milennia a survival activity that has nothing to do with Slaughtering ALL LIFE on EARTH, leading to Climate change and far others. Our own survival depends on how we interact with VITAL Diversity of Life. This is where the POWER is : DIVERSITY. And Alive, of course.

I am a vegan but Longbows are not for me : go in a forest with something far too long, and noisy....Hunting require small, quick, souple, silent bows to be successful. My hunting bows are to kill bipeds in due time. But this is also my approach.

We won't kill each other for that : isn't it ? You do whatever you want as an individual. But SURVIVING needs to be very open-minded and FLEXIBLE. I won't lose my precious time and energies in saying stuff that are THE REALITY : Plants are not Grass. Plants are full of Vital DIVERSITY of Nutrients. Second, hunting is hard in the wild : you won't have any other choice as it happened for millenia than eating varying plants as well. Once again, animals don't produce Vitamin C, Sulfur, basic Proteins among : it's plants that process it. It's a complete fact, not bias. Have an infected wound without lavender or tea tree and dig your grave....

And big brains : for what ? Destroying Earth and our own specie ? Your own children in the near future...worms haven't got any brains but they are far more VITAL.

Good luck in front, it's all about surviving on our own. We are in the subject of Barks, so Plants world : open to it. Let your ego aside and use your "big" brain. Best survival in front, it's gonna be a very selfish path...it won't be Theory but Practice to the fullest. I am not eating meat/fish for 15 years and my health is far better : it's up to aynone, no free agressivity required. But being Self-Sufficient means being entirely part of Vital Nature : Cohabitation.

Gone, I have to focus on other things more important.
Au Revoir.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:54 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,494,276 times
The main source of nutrition on this planet is grass - miles and miles of it, as far as the eye can see. And we can't digest a blade of it.

But cows and sheep can; bison moved across the Great Plains for millennia and their bodies digested and stored those nutrients for those who were higher on the food chain, the predators. Humans don't have 4 stomachs like ruminants do, but we have bigger brains and eyes, and we are better hunters. A human being is an apex predator. We kill and eat prey and predators alike.

Broccoli?!? Don't make me laugh. Nobody needs to eat broccoli - or any vegetable - in order to survive. Modern broccoli bears zero resemblance to its wild ancestors. Nearly all modern day veggies and fruits are highly bred to be larger, sweeter, less fibrous, and juicier than the wild type. And that applies as much to France as it does to the USA. (Never heard a French person say, "I'm gonna..." ).

You can eat tree bark all you want, OP. I'll be grilling steaks and ribs, come hail or high water. And neither one of us will be killing the planet or the climate.

BTW Submariner: unborn baby lamb has been traditionally enjoyed by the Greeks and possibly other ethnic groups, but that is the only animal I have heard about.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:56 PM

That's perfect : stupidity is your own death.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:01 PM

Plants have BILLIONS of FORMS. Sorry for your narrow-mindedness. Look and you will see. But "big" brains are not to be upset. You will die very quickly with the coming collapse. Your enter an egocentric and unrealistic agressivity that is just leading to your own very quick death. I have NO obligation communicating with toxic stupidity not wanting to hear VITAL ADVICE : that's your own choice. BYE-BYE with all pleasure, VITAL pleasure. Sorry for you to enter that self-destructive conflict....it was just about how NATURE IS. Nature is the only way to survive in its all diversity : you don't read, don't read, that's p to you really. Advice to OPEN are a matter of SURVIVAL. Humans are soon to be extinct exactly because of that,

Old 06-18-2022, 04:39 PM

4,416 posts, read 4,913,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
The articles says

It does NOT mention anything about eating rabbit exclusively.
Thanks. I missed something when I skimmed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness