Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 01:45 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Target is going to follow Walmart, Costco and SAMs and offer new and exclusive perks for members.
With this new membership program Target hopes to increase its revenue and customer loyalty.

This new program would give new benefits that would require customers to pay a fee.

https://www.the-sun.com/money/103219...rship-program/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 03:14 AM

550 posts, read 364,043 times
The only store or e-tailer membership programs I do are ones without a monthly subscription fee such as Chick fil a, mega e-store Max Warehouse, and Giant Food in my region grocer flex rewards.

Take Amazon Prime, I plan my purchases so seldom need faster delivery. If grocery inventory from them were better in my DMV region, but so much Fresh I would order from them is regularly out of stock, so a no go. And no interest or personal need for their other perks to make it worth it. Its cheaper for here to pay the $6.99 two day or $9.99 one day shipping fees on occasion, less than $50 per year, than to pay $15 per month or $180 annually for Prime. Also Walmart membership would consider for groceries, but they still don't have refrigerated trucks in my market nor fridge lockers at my local store. The few times very early in the pandemic had no other choice without much delay but to order from them, frozen items came half thawed in workers or contractors cars. Believe the same for Target, Instacart, and the like.

Each person and household is different, so a membership program may work for some, but not for others. Besides personal economics and delivery quality, also make sure the retailer is not going to send you too much email of sales offers to your liking or not, and your life experience of how and how well they run their business agrees with your thoughts and expectations. A poorly run business IMO or IYO whoever it is likely not worth the membership. Everybody's needs and lifestyles are not the same though.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:05 AM

4,503 posts, read 2,651,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Target is going to follow Walmart, Costco and SAMs and offer new and exclusive perks for members.
With this new membership program Target hopes to *** increase its revenue and customer loyalty.***
...get a bunch of data on the suckers (oops, I meant to type "members") so they can flood their mailbox, their e-mail, their text messages, and every other contact point the suckers (oops, I meant to type "members") foolishly give them; while trumpeting the "Savings" that will rarely even approach how much the annual fee costs..
Quote:
This new program would give new benefits that would require customers to pay a fee.

Old 02-14-2024, 05:23 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Figures they closed the one 1200ft away from me in 2010.

Old 02-15-2024, 09:37 AM

6,095 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Quote:
With this new membership program Target hopes to increase its revenue and customer loyalty.

https://www.the-sun.com/money/103219...rship-program/
I read about it recently knowing me I'll join as I shop at Target quite a bit but will depend on what the membership offers.

For now, I'm content with Amazon Prime and Walmart+

Old 02-16-2024, 08:00 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
There is nothing I want at Target badly enough to pay a fee to shop for it, even at a "discount."

Old 02-16-2024, 10:04 PM

Target has become obscenely expensive up there with Safeway and Whole Foods in price. They are probably losing customers to Wally and Amazon.

Old 02-17-2024, 09:27 PM

I would never consider Target to be my grocery store. They offer small selection of overpriced food. Never bought anything edible there.

Old 02-18-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I would never consider Target to be my grocery store. They offer small selection of overpriced food. Never bought anything edible there.
We have a Super Target by me which has an extensive grocery section but yes I agree they are very expensive. When a Rostieriee chicken costs $9.99 that's criminal lol when the same bird is $5 at Costco.

Old 02-24-2024, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
. When a Rostieriee chicken costs $9.99 that's criminal lol when the same bird is $5 at Costco.
...and probably twice as big

What I noticed in my area - Target is pricing most produce not by pound but single piece (apples, pears, oranges etc.)
Whoever doesn't pay attention pays much higher price.

E.g.

Single apple for $1.39 is almost as much as price per pound. Those aren't very big apples...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products