Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 06:32 PM

23,665 posts, read 70,710,652 times

Advertisements

We often focus on the negative, to warn people or just to vent. Sometimes though, customer service can be surprisingly good.

I recently ordered some electronics from B and H. I've been using them for decades without complaint. This particular expensive item was DOA. With trepidation, I called the customer service line. After going through the initial automated screening in less than a minute, I was put on hold for a representative. I thought - wait times on a Monday, maybe 20 minutes? An AMERICAN representative was talking with me within less than a minute! I described the problem, gave the order number, and as we were talking she sent me the RMA label via email, and asked how I wanted to proceed. For a moment I thought I had to be dreaming.

No talk back, no not understanding, no attempts at denial. Just. Plain. Customer. Service. Wow!

What GOOD customer service experiences have you had lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 07:12 PM

13,148 posts, read 21,142,359 times
I have always found Neiman Marcus to have outstanding customer service. Unless you're acting the trashy arse, they will treat everyone like royalty. They do take the time to see to you individual needs and they will be honest of something makes you look fat.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:45 PM

2,243 posts, read 1,141,543 times
Great thread. Yes, there are still many businesses who value customer service first and foremost.

I deal with many vendors in my line of work. I don't want to name names, though most people wouldn't recognize them anyway. The ones who get five stars from me are the ones who answer the phone quickly without an insane automated menu, by an English speaking operator. If I have a problem, they just fix it. No BS.

If I had to think of a well known business that consistently has great service, I'd go with Discount Tire. Always friendly and fast.

Ebay also makes transactions quick and simple. Every time I've had a problem with an order it's resolved without any hassle. I either get a refund or a replacement, few questions asked.

Old 03-19-2024, 01:00 AM

44,698 posts, read 61,862,613 times
I agree Discount Tire service has always been very good service to me. Been a customer for over 30 years.
But customer service is only as good as those people serving you. If you get a bad salesperson in an otherwise decent store then that can negate all the good service reputation for that business.
There's on large business near me that advertises full page ads nearly every day touting how good their service is and how low their prices are. All the sales people are on commission. I've tried 3 times to do business with them and each time I and my wife were treated negatively and now I will never do business with them again. Pushy rude sales people trying desperately to get you to buy what 'they' want you to buy instead of listening to your wants/needs. Then disregarding/ignoring you afterwards to go after someone else is highly disrespectful.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:41 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,776 posts, read 81,743,750 times
Costco, whatever department we use, always had knowledgeable, helpful staff. Another is the Subaru dealer where we bought my wife's Outback, and use them for service. Amazing since we have had such bad experience with so many others. The 3rd for me is Dutch Bros. Coffee. We have been to many of them up and down the I5 corridor between Marysville, WA and Sacramento, CA. Rain or shine (even snow) they have someone come out to the cars in line and take the orders, so that when you get up to the window the drinks are ready. All of their people seem to be genuinely friendly.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:57 AM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 24 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,329,056 times
Mixtiles

These are the photo tiles that adhere to your wall without you using nails. Not only are the
tiles great-looking , but this company has replaced tiles that have fallen down without
even questioning me. Their customer service reps are the best anywhere.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-22-2024, 10:00 AM

19,659 posts, read 9,624,270 times
My spouse has called DirecTv, and some other places related to financials and he has had whomever rep was that they would go back and forth (trouble shooting) 30 mins to hour, and have come to successful result/s.

Old 03-23-2024, 12:27 AM

33,365 posts, read 12,677,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Costco, whatever department we use, always had knowledgeable, helpful staff. Another is the Subaru dealer where we bought my wife's Outback, and use them for service. Amazing since we have had such bad experience with so many others. The 3rd for me is Dutch Bros. Coffee. We have been to many of them up and down the I5 corridor between Marysville, WA and Sacramento, CA. Rain or shine (even snow) they have someone come out to the cars in line and take the orders, so that when you get up to the window the drinks are ready. All of their people seem to be genuinely friendly.
I started noticing Dutch Bros. Coffee in the Houston metro maybe 1-2 years ago, and have been meaning to go there. I'll have to pay them a visit.

I agree with other posters about Discount Tire.

I would also say Apple, both in their stores and via their 800 number.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:50 AM

567 posts, read 409,586 times
Stand outs for me are Apple (great service in their stores) and Disney (in person and on the phone with theme park tickets). Of course, these are premium priced products and you are paying for this. But with how bad so many places are with customer service these days, these are real stand outs with exceptional service.

I've also recently had dealing with Fidelity and Vanguard and thought they had excellent phone reps who gave wonderful customer service too.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:51 AM

1,224 posts, read 559,668 times
A Midas store that does my oil changes is really good. The remote hood pop mechanism on my SUV broke, so I got a replacement on Amazon and the guy at the Midas store installed it for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products