Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 PM

768 posts, read 4,396,029 times

Advertisements

I grew up in the ghetto, so I'll definitely take the subdivision I live in these days over that. It's quiet, peaceful and slow, and above all, I can see the stars at night. I don't have to worry about slow-driving cars with thugs looking for someone to shoot at, shady figures lurking in the dark, or all the other wonderful things I lived with as a child. I know not all of Plain Dealing is like that, and I also know Haughton and Benton have those problems in certain areas as well. Same with Bossier (where I grew up) and Shreveport.

I know I was being a condescending ass in that last post, but I guess it was just one of those days. I'm autistic, I have lots of those days.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:17 PM

47 posts, read 182,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyh View Post
P. D. has the lowest crime rate in the parish we can still leave the doors unlocked if you want to. we do have to drive to Bossier for most things but when you live in a rural area that is just part of it. As far as growth I do not see where Haughton has realy done much either.But come on up to p.d meet some folks and have a meal you will see what a great place we have here
We were in PD around Thanksgiving. My roots are there. We have some land up there.
We went to the little Christmas festival held there.
We visited Walker's Drugs and reminisced about our childhood summers in PD.
The proprieters gave us free copies of The History of Plain Dealing.
Very friendly folks... of all ethnic groups!
Not once did we feel unsafe or threatened, and we are far from naive about crime.

We live in a very metropolitan/suburban type area... Very, very different from Plain Dealing.

Last edited by Alpharetta123; 12-10-2008 at 09:27 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 06:08 PM

763 posts, read 2,666,476 times
I worked in PD a few years back. I personally wouldn't even consider leaving my doors unlocked there. Just as I wouldn't in my hometown of Haynesville. Doors locked, pistol close. And I'm not scared, just common since my friend. I had my truck broke into in PD and so did a coworker.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:47 PM

5 posts, read 21,304 times
when you were in P.D. did your tour the homes?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 PM

474 posts, read 1,421,175 times
I recently moved back to Shreveport/Bossier area. We were contemplating moving on the outskirts of town, so ask around. My family owns some property in Plain Dealing and we had thought about building up there. Well, as shocking as it was, we checked with a couple of law enforcement agencies AND we were told that drugs were a major problem in PD. Which means, they probably have a lot of break-ins - to pay for the drugs! That's all I know about it!

Old 04-25-2009, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,839 times
I live in Plain Dealing and have all of my life. I love it here and wouldn't want to live any where else. We are a close community and everybody is like family. As for the crime rate, we have had very few major crimes in 50 years.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:07 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,019,968 times
We stopped in Plain Dealing the other day for gas! That is one tiny town! Love the name it's unusual.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 AM

12 posts, read 38,622 times
To the people that think you know Plain Dealing. The crime rate is low. It just seems high because of low popalation. One police station,no taxi's or cabs to this day. Really they would lose money. You see mostly evryone knows or related to each other. The biggest event that is annual is dogwood festival. They even have that on the internet. People come from all over to eat onion blossoms, gator, craddads by the bag, ribs, gumbo ect.Food , music ect is great. Fishing is great, bass, brim, craddads. If you want to dance go to my aunts place dew drop inn. Its not the hilton but you will have a good time. My greatgrandmother lived there for 103 years. So I know the history , how it started and how it was and how it is now . The knowlege was passed on to me. My parents are there right now for their class reunion they have every year. They will meet at the school. My mom stays in Seattle like myself. And my dad stays in Dallas. He goes to plaining often. I know about cottonvalley, my aunt stays there 70 years plus, cullen springhill, my grandmother stayed there over 80 yers. My uncle Leroy Taylor stays on route 2. He owns his own printing company. Sayed unc I pluggd you. Very nice work, he is also a very good artist. He did my business cards. Anything you want printed he can do. He does out of state work, so you dont have to live there. Plain Dealing is very good to go fishing baby, bass, brims. So if you want peace and quiet go there and relax. Its very country but I love it. I plan on building my home there when I retire, and live like a queen. Cost of living is cheap cheap. So if you want higher standards go to bossier,shreveport,Dallas I stayed there for 12 years, but born in Seattle. Or new orleans. But if you want peace and quiet Plain Dealing. The best place for a nice motel to me is in springhill, about 30 min away. My family is Ford/Taylor. I am Clark G. Harris and Curley Taylor's daughter Pascale Harris. My grandfather is Ben J. Harris From Shreveport sibling of 16.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:16 AM

Who are your people. My uncle is Leroy Taylor and cousin owns Dew drop Inn. And I can name others to many to mention, may be kin. Both my parents are from Plain Dealing. They are there for a class reunion, they have every year. Plain Dealing High.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 AM

My last post is to the person who has stayed in plain dealing for 50 years or others that have lived there all their life. And yes they have drugs there. What town doesnt. So what. If you are looking for it, you will find it. And yes you can leave your doors unlocked at your home, but I would'nt. My older relatives did, and they never had a problem. Its called respect I guess. I went every weekend for 12 years when I lived in Dallas, I never got anything stolen from me. Cars ect.
LOL
Pascale harris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City