Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:43 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,054,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastinaway View Post
Other cities Shreveport's size and smaller are NOT building major high-rise condos. Know what you're talking about before you talk, and stop trolling.
Tyler, Texas Greenville, SC , To a go a step forward- Shreveport does not even have a Whole Foods, or any health food style grocery store yet?????? Shreveport one day will get out of its backwards mentality, aka Bossier City seems to be more progressive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 08:23 PM

53 posts, read 121,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Tyler, Texas Greenville, SC , To a go a step forward- Shreveport does not even have a Whole Foods, or any health food style grocery store yet?????? Shreveport one day will get out of its backwards mentality, aka Bossier City seems to be more progressive
Wow, you actually backed up your claims for once. I'm surprised.

Shreveport has plenty of health foods stores. Small ones like Sunshine, and then the larger one being Drug Emporium which is dedicated to health foods.

Yes, Bossier City is more progressive, but they don't have any high-rise condos or apartments going, either.

Anyway, stop trolling this board. How many Shreveport boards are you going to troll? After all these years, one might think you'd get tired of being a troll but you never seem to. You don't like Shreveport, so you do all you can to rag it at every turn. You're pathetic.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 PM

974 posts, read 2,186,748 times
Quote:
One of the basic reasons S'port-Bossier doesn't have the Whole Foods / Central Mkt kind of chain food store is that the median and per-capita income isn't great and the same goes for the demographic stats. These types of stores tend to locate with higher median incomes and stronger spending markets. Shreveport does have pockets of affluence and we do have some health-food stores (Sunshine has been around forever as Drug Emporium). But overall the grocery biz has been dominated by Brookshires / Super 1, Kroger and Albertsons and Super Wal Mart. I don't know if there's a Country Market, Bi-Lo or any other discount grocer. The "nicer" grocery markets that even come close to what you'd find in more urban markets are Brookshire's on Line Ave, Kroger off Youree & 70th, Albertsons in Bossier. I don't venture in West or SW S'port so I really can't comment on that.

Not saying the unmentioned grocery locations are bad mind you, they're just not the same as those I've mentioned. As for future growth trends, North Bossier is where the action is and South Bossier will eventually get some attention as growth will continue after the completion of the Teague / Sligo Rd. extension. Shreveport seems to be focusing on existing areas for upgrades and who knows what will happen when the 3132 extension issue gets resolved.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM

You also have to consider the health of its populace.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM

Consider my second home, Oklahoma City, which has a city population twice that of Shreveport and is a much more progressive city than Shreveport, and they only recently got a Whole Foods Market.

So it's hard to compare; the way some companies do things isn't always the way we think they should.

Regardless, you need to stick to worrying about San Antonio and let Shreveport go because you don't really care about this city.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-14-2012 at 04:26 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 PM

I do care about your city that is why I blog about things the city could have been, for instance Austin was just slightly larger than Shreveport in the 1960's- What happen????

Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I do care about your city that is why I blog about things the city could have been, for instance Austin was just slightly larger than Shreveport in the 1960's- What happen????
Perhaps I've just mistaken your intentions. If so, I do apologize.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Where are the movie studios in Shreveport located??

Old 10-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Millennium Studios tore down a bunch of crack houses behind First Methodist Church downtown and built a very nice facility there, the old Expo Hall downtown is now StageWorks of Louisiana, the old AT&T/Avaya on south Mansfield Road is called Mansfield Studios, and then there is a studio in Haughton called East 20 Studios or 20 East Studios. Those are all I know of, but then there is also the Moonbot Studios, which is Bill Joyce's animation studio. They recently won an Academy Award for their animated short, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. As you may know, Joyce created Rollie Pollie Ollie and does a lot of things for Pixar Studios. His intention is for Moonbot to grow to the point where it competes with Pixar, and his studio is growing fast so he just might achieve that.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:44 AM

There are apparently more studios than even I listed... here's a complete list.

Shreveport-Bossier Film Assistance Web Site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City