Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:37 PM

39 posts, read 194,614 times

Advertisements

I am sure they are too pricey. Couldn't find anything about their rent prices on any pages. Look really fancy though LOL.

I am going to go to these places:
Tallow Wood
The Willows
Cypress Pointe (I dunno if we discussed this one)
Reserve of Bossier City

(3 of 4 on Airline Dr)

I have caught wind of a Walker Place that was just built on 1000 Paddock Ln in Bossier, but couldn't find it on google maps. May visit there if I can find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2006, 10:58 PM

768 posts, read 4,387,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
I am sure they are too pricey. Couldn't find anything about their rent prices on any pages. Look really fancy though LOL.

I am going to go to these places:
Tallow Wood
The Willows
Cypress Pointe (I dunno if we discussed this one)
Reserve of Bossier City

(3 of 4 on Airline Dr)

I have caught wind of a Walker Place that was just built on 1000 Paddock Ln in Bossier, but couldn't find it on google maps. May visit there if I can find it.
Cypress Pointe and The Reserve are both very far out north Airline Drive, near Benton. If you're going to college in Shreveport, you might not want that commute. It will be bad enough commuting from Tallow Wood, but Airline Drive north of I-220 is virtual suicide if you're commuting into Shreveport daily. When you come up here for your apartment visits, however, that will give you a chance to see if you're up to the challenge. If I may make a suggestion, however... if you truly want to know what it will be like living out Airline Drive beyond I-220, visit those apartments during the morning rush hour (preferably around 7:30-8:00 am.) That's the best way for you to judge that area.

You'll find, if you're attending school inside the city of Shreveport, that The Willows at Wright Island are going to be the closest by far. But ultimately your personal comparison of these four complexes will help you make up your mind.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:34 AM

I am not as concerned with distance as I am security. I would rather live somewhere nice than somewhere close. Thats why I was heavly considering Bossier City over Shreveport. Then again, the Willows are a little more expensive, but identical in floorplan to Tallow Wood.

I started thinking about it, and my first college apartment in Natchitoches was $325 a month..The apt style at The Willows I would want would run me $345 split 2 ways. I could handle that if I pinch pennies. My house now gobbles electrity, sometimes negating the benefits my current $250 rent.

But I will have to call The Willows because the rent is advertised as $690-805/month. I don't know if longer leases=less rent or what, so I'll need to figure out that disrepency.

LOL It sounds like I am moving right now from all this discussion. I just can't do anything last minute. My fiancee keeps asking me why I am so worried about it, but a year passes by quickly and I would rather have everything figured out in advance!

Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 AM

Question about the traffic:

Tallow Wood is 6 miles from my school, 1.9 of those miles on Airline. Fiancee's school is 11 miles, 3.4 miles of which would be on Airline. (According to the somewhat unrealiable Google Maps)

How long would that take to commute?

Old 11-29-2006, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Question about the traffic:

Tallow Wood is 6 miles from my school, 1.9 of those miles on Airline. Fiancee's school is 11 miles, 3.4 miles of which would be on Airline. (According to the somewhat unrealiable Google Maps)

How long would that take to commute?
Are you going to the Shreveport campus of Northwestern School of Nursing?

Just knowing the distances won't help, but knowing which schools will because I can tell you for sure.

Sounds like he might be going to LSU-S since it's farther out and I could see that easily being 11 miles.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:13 AM

Yes I will be at NSU Shreveport, and he will be at LSU-S

Old 11-29-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Well then, it looks like both of you will likely be commuting in the same general direction.

He's looking at anywhere from 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. You're probably looking at 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.

He'll probably take Airline Drive south to I-20, then west on I-20 to I-49. I-49 south to 3132, and then take 3132 east to its terminus at Bert Kouns. At Bert Kouns he'll turn left and follow Bert Kouns to Youree Drive. Turn right on Youree Drive and go down about 1/4-1/2 mile to LSU-S on the left. Not a bad drive, just long if traffic is heavy.

You'll probably find it best to take Airline Drive south to I-20, then I-20 to the Common Street colverleaf in downtown Shreveport. That will loop you around to a light at Fairfield Drive. You'll turn right at that light and go down to Common. Get in the far left-hand westbound lane and turn left onto Common. From there your school would be maybe 2 miles or so on the right.

Both of these schools are easy to get to once you know your way around. And with you not being a total stranger to Shreveport, you'll likely find your way around fairly easily.

The two of you may want to drive to both of your schools to check them out when you come down for a visit, if you haven't already done so. The Northwestern campus is very small and in an old part of the city, but LSU-S is pretty wide open and spread out and in a part of the city where everything is brand new.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:22 AM

19 posts, read 141,498 times
Quote:
I lived in Millicent Crossing from June 05-July 06 while I attended LSUS....extremely convenient to everything worth going to in Shreveport as far as shopping...I always felt safe there, and paid $525 for rent. It is true that it is mostly Barksdale guys and LSUS students. I was happy the first couple of months that I lived in MC, but they experienced a management change that seems to be headed by Cruella Deville...so I can't say that I would recommend them if you're looking for pleasant interactions...even when you're handing them your rent money lol...

Last edited by justinlt99; 12-22-2006 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: typos lol

Old 12-29-2006, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,808 times
Default I am a student at NSU in Natchitoches, but next year I will be moving to the Shrevepo

I am from the area and if I were you I would try to move to Bossier City. I used to live at Cypress Pointe Apartments in Bossier but I do not remember what I paid per month, I think it was $700 which is worth giving up a few things up if needed. Do yourself a favor and stay out of Shreveport. There are cheaper places in Bossier but do not consider anything on Texas Avenue. The Bossier police force is excellent and crime is not tolerated there. From what I recall, everyone was moving to Bossier to ensure safety for their families.

Good Luck!

Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 AM

1 posts, read 5,802 times
Lt me tell you about this move to bossier!!!!Shreveport is a dangerous and dirty city. i live in north bossier. its nice! alot of traffic but nice....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City