Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 29,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1972 View Post
I moved to Shreveport in 2002, I located there due to buisness. I was sent there to open the Funny Bone Comedy Club under the Texas Street Bridge. As many of you remember the Red River District, Everything seemed great when I got there, My favorite hang out was the Blind Tiger and to this day I can honestly say that PC was the best Bartender I ever saw. Comedy was welcomed with open arms in Shreveport though one night after a show, A group came up to me and told me that the headliner was the funniest ( N-word ) they ever saw. Thats when I knew I was definitly in the bible belted south. I remember when the police had shot and killed a black man when he got out of his car during a traffic stop with his cell phone in his hand waving it around while yelling and cursing at the officers. That sure did alot for racial tensions in Shreveport, I have lived alot of places in my life and all I can say is that racism is everywhere in some form or another. I lived in New Mexico and witnessed it towards the Navajo, and watched it in Delaware against the Hispanic people. All I can say is if it bothers you so much then try and find a place that has the lowest amount of diversity, my wife and I did, we will be moving to Bangor, Maine next year.
If that person said the N word to you and you blame Shreveport for that and not the poor ignorant soul that said it? and fyi....the black man "waving around a cell phone" was pointing it at them pretending he had a gun. what would you expect them to do and do you actually think they wouldnt do the same if a white man pointed a "gun" at them? gimme a break. it has NOTHING to do with racism. See how things get started?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,973,302 times
closed for mod review
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City