Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:34 AM

41 posts, read 216,056 times

Advertisements

It's in zip code 71119, west of Pines Rd and north of I20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 03:02 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,667,250 times
It's official, looks like I'll be moving at the beginning of July. I'll be renting for 6 months (managed to obtain availability at chaparral apts) while I get a feel for the house market down there.

I wanted to hear any insights on the newer subdivisions in south bossier, particularly savannah place and adjacent communities. Also the legacy series of subdivisions in north bossier. In about 10 months I'll be in the market for a newer home in the 130-160K range and these communities seem to fit the bill. I favor the shorter drive to work (BAFB) from the south bossier communities, but would consider the northern commute if the price is right (having lived in Atlanta for 3 years I somewhat doubt the aforementioned airline drive commute is as bad as the I-75/85 connector during rush hour). Also, if you could shed some light as to what proportion of these communities are populated by military folks/families that would be great. Thank you for the great feedback, I have learned a great deal about the area from this forum.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:22 PM

768 posts, read 4,389,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
It's official, looks like I'll be moving at the beginning of July. I'll be renting for 6 months (managed to obtain availability at chaparral apts) while I get a feel for the house market down there.

I wanted to hear any insights on the newer subdivisions in south bossier, particularly savannah place and adjacent communities. Also the legacy series of subdivisions in north bossier. In about 10 months I'll be in the market for a newer home in the 130-160K range and these communities seem to fit the bill. I favor the shorter drive to work (BAFB) from the south bossier communities, but would consider the northern commute if the price is right (having lived in Atlanta for 3 years I somewhat doubt the aforementioned airline drive commute is as bad as the I-75/85 connector during rush hour). Also, if you could shed some light as to what proportion of these communities are populated by military folks/families that would be great. Thank you for the great feedback, I have learned a great deal about the area from this forum.
When I get time I'll give you subdivision info but for now I'll just say that the 75/85 connector in ATL is child's play compared to Airline.

Just kidding. Seriously, Airline would be child's play. It's all relative, though... to people from smaller areas Airline is a nightmare. If you've lived in Atlanta, nothing here compares.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:32 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,667,250 times
thanks, looking forward to the info!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 PM

7 posts, read 36,540 times
Anywhere in Bossier City north you can't beat or south bossier. However south bossier you deal more with the B52 noise. North Bossier is booming and you would love it. as for Shreveport, south Shreveport is HOT. Stay away from North Shreveport area, (The HOOD), Cedar Grove, Mooretown, etc.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 7,626 times
This forum is wonderful. I got to know a lot of information from you guys before I moved to Shreveport. Thank you.

I am now into house hunting. My broker took me around to some nice neighbourhoods in south bossier and I began to like this place more than I thought! We saw a few homes near north gate also but I was wondering how noisy were the planes? When I talked to one of the residents there, interestingly he said, we will get used to it!! Can anyone throw some info on this?
The neighbourhoods in Savannah, South gate and Meadowsweet seem really nice. I am assuming there wont be much noise from airplanes in these areas.

We have not yet checked out communities on the north side of I-220. But I did drive along the area and saw the sprawling shopping complexes that are coming up there. Lots of new developments in progress. Any comments from you guys?

All in all, as I said before, I began to love this place

Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 PM

104 posts, read 833,208 times
I live on an Air Force base and you do get used the airplanes. I hardly notice them anymore. I can't wait to move back to Louisiana. I was just down there for 2 weeks. We stopped for gas right over the Louisiana line and I could tell I was there. People were so much nicer! They are always saying hi, and how are you, and they let you out in traffic. I sure miss that!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:06 PM

Correct, you do get used to the planes. I lived right off the flight line for 23 years, and never had any problems. Some days the planes are unusually loud and you notice, but it's truly not a big deal. If not for the homeowner lying to me about a major structural problem, I would have purchased a home in Northgate 2 years ago before settling with Haughton.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:28 PM

104 posts, read 833,208 times
SBCmetroguy, We are looking into moving to Haughton. I have been looking at houses on line. We are looking at houses around $180,000 but today I found 2 that I really like that are in the $150,000 range in Tall Timbers. Is this the subdivision that is right off old 80? If so it seems like about 15 yrs ago that area flooded. Do you know if this is correct? Just wondering why the houses seem to be low priced there.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM

I'm very new to haughton so I don't know about Tall Timbers flooding. I do know some areas did flood back then but I *believe* (you might want to double-check with the parish on this) that they might have rebuilt the drainage ditch to handle the runoff. And yeah it's right off Hwy 80. Try looking at Cornerstone if you want to be IN Haughton rather than in East Bossier. Cornerstone is over here by my house and is very nice... you can get in for probably 180,000+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City