Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2006, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,591 times

Advertisements

...from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Surfing the web and I put in place names after my country, Scotland, and I came accross this website forum. So hello everyone!

It is just after 1:00am here in Edinburgh, on a cold bitter early spring night, somewhere between -5/-8 Centigrade.

Don't know if any of you have visited Scotland or Edinburgh, but if you have I'd be interested in hearing what you thought of the place.

For those who have not, let me tell you that Edinburgh is a lovely city with ancient medievial streets, castles and palaces, and the Scootish Parliament.

The best time to visit Edinburgh would be August, for the many festivals on during that month, or over Christmas and Hogmany (what us Scots call New Year) again these days are taken up with festivals and fun events.

I myself do not come from Edinburgh, but from a small town in Lanarkshire in the west of Scotland.

My wife is from Edinburgh, we met whilst at college in England, and I moved here after we finished college.

We have two daughters, the eldest is at High School, the youngest at Primary school, all three are in bed sleeping, luckily I'm not working tomorrow, I have the day off on holiday

So what else is there? not much, about to go to bed myself, I am a big fan of Glasgow Celtic football club if any out there have heard of them.

So any of you Scotland residents in North Dakota reading this?

Good night, and God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2006, 07:00 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,211,471 times
I moved from Scotland to the US in 1979...right now I'm in Michigan but I plan to move back west when I can. I also lived in California & Colorado, but housing prices got too high.
I think there's a Glasgow, Montana...actually there's many cities in the US named after Scottish locales.
I've lived in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Isle of Skye and near Fort William. TRavelled all over the world, too...and to this day, I think the most beautiful part of the world hands down is the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
Since this is a Dakotas forum, it's gorgeous up there too. I drove across the Dakotas in summer 2003. I know the Enchanted Highway is North Dakota, but it's awesome.
http://www.hettingercounty.org/tourism/highway.asp (broken link)

Knock knock.
Who's there? Humphrey.
Humphrey who?
Humphrey Glasgow.

Nobody will understand that unless they've actually lived there~!

Old 01-03-2015, 06:00 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,114,485 times
You cant just visit Scotland without visiting the rest of BRITAIN, especially, Devon, Cornwall, Wales and Yorkshire, but the jewel is the Lake District, ( Cumbria, England)

Old 01-03-2015, 07:42 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,193,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
You cant just visit Scotland without visiting the rest of BRITAIN, especially, Devon, Cornwall, Wales and Yorkshire, but the jewel is the Lake District, ( Cumbria, England)
You do know you replied to posts from 2006, don't you?

Old 01-15-2015, 07:55 PM

624 posts, read 1,164,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
You do know you replied to posts from 2006, don't you?
Haha, but it's still interesting for us folks that haven't read it until now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota