Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:25 PM

415 posts, read 972,758 times

Advertisements

Hiya,

SOrry haven't posted in a while, been busier than heck. Glad to see my Whatcha Eatin thread is still going crazy LOL.

Desktop computer crashed about 9 months ago and was using my laptop for a while as a desktop. Finally got the desktop fixed back up and running so I think I am back.

New addition to the Family FINALLY. Finally found a way around that Depo Shot side effect that my wife got 10 yrs ago. So when she got preggo this time, I put her on Red Raspberry Leaves and Wild Yam Root Herbal Supplements (I should have remember this a long time ago) and the pregnancy Held this time. We had a LOUD, Pudgy Baby Girl on December 3rd, at 10 lbs 5 ounces, she beat her brother who was 10 lbs 3 ounces 11 yrs ago.

Finally found someone willing to part with a Good Size Tractor up here at a good price. Case 930 with a Dozer blade on the front of it, No Front bucket or 3 Point on it but it cuts through a 3 foot drift like butter so noooooo more walking in to feed the horses during winter. We bought it about 6 months ago on a payment plan with the guy so couple more months and its ours for good.

That Little Micro Machine POS 2008 Chevy aveo we bought is still here but we had to go out and get another car,2000 Volvo V70XC Station Wagonbecause the Aveo was sooo damn small the car seat wouldn't even fit in the car unless the passenger in the front seat wanted to look at their feet for the whole trip. Keep making these damn cars smaller and smaller every year. We couldn't even trade the Aveo in because of the Negative Equity in it (we still owe more on it than its worth) cuz we bought that POS during the "Bailout" time at a ridiculous amount of money. Arghhhhhhhhhhh. Anyway, that car we'll still use if we need to run to town without the whole family having to go and the volvo will be the family car (damn nice car by the way).

Still living in the house in town as this summer I didn't have time to get the 3 Bedroom Trailer on the 40 acres finished to move into. Will be working on it ASAP as the 2 bdrm house here in town is starting to Shrink for some reason with the new family addition. I still need to replace all the plumbing, get it skirted, Get a well in, and a new approach out to it and we should be good to go, Got the power put in last Winter so thats good to go.

Got a used swather and a used Round Baler so we can now do our own Bales. I've been Grabbing Road ditches to swath and bale but hopefully this Summer theres a guy up here that might have about 100 acres I could swath and bale on shares until we can get our 40 acres paid off (2 more yrs to gooooo, yayyyyyy) and get another 40 acres to add to our already 40 acres.

Things are slowly coming into place up here. Its taken quite a while and costing a small fortune but thats life I guess. Glad to be back up and online with the new deskotp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 02:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Congrats on the new addition. Sounds like you've had a very busy time of it. Welcome back!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:42 PM

415 posts, read 972,758 times
Thanks Elk, Yeah its been busy here. Tooo busy if ya ask me. And yet, I still have soooo much more to do this spring LOL.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 PM

68 posts, read 135,354 times
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Baby Girls are so much fun. At least that is what I have heard, I have 3 sons myself. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Welcome back!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:38 AM

697 posts, read 1,281,615 times
congrats on the babino-- kids are for you young folks-- good thing about being grandpa-- i can wind em tighter then a drum and give em back to you and go home

Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,498,348 times
Homesteader: So good, to see you post! Welcome back! Congrats, on that baby!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
congratulations! The baby... Huh. Not much else to do up there eh?

The Volvo X70 should be a good ride. Owning a chevrolet was like my first marriage. Wasn't enthused about it, did it anyway. Was never happy the whole time. Was ecstatic when I got rid of it.

Congratulations!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
My daughter in law bought an Aveo. When she brought it over to show me and I walked around it for a minute and then pointed inside and said, "Why isn't that cute, it comes with a steering wheel and everything." I told her it would make a good farm vehicle. When she asked me to explain, I told her, "Just like any farm equipment, come fall, you park it out along the fence and leave it set all winter." Needles to say, she didn't talk to me for a while.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,857,159 times
Congratulations on the baby. Is mama doing okay? Good to see that you are back.

uh

Old 12-30-2010, 05:08 PM

93 posts, read 163,765 times
Congratulations on your new baby girl! Sounds like a very busy time for you, for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota