Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 01:06 PM

22 posts, read 41,528 times

Advertisements

The negative of Hot Springs keeps coming up- I wonder what the heck causes them to be like that? I mean, all small towns have the gossip issues, but it sounds like HS is worse than the norm. Thanks everyone- I've started researching Custer. My husband works for BNSF so he would be working in either Edgemont or Newcastle, WY, so Custer is about as far north as we'd consider. I've put in a couple of direct messages to people who have said they're from the area, and we're coming out in September to check it out. Any info about Custer would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 05:42 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,864,611 times
"The retirees in Hot Springs sit in the coffee shop and gossip and the high school and community is full of bullies and gossip snipes. "

As a retiree that has lived in Hot Springs for 4+ years I can honestly state that the posters above statement in pure B S. I spend some time in restaurants with other retirees. Our conversations are generally private and the subjects range from grand kids to health problems, from cars to houses, from politics to religion, from travel to education. If the above poster found nothing but gossip and sniping I would strongly suggest that his observations were more a reflection of himself than of the community. I cannot & will not speak to the issue of bullying in the high school, however I have not witnessed any bullying in the community, so again, I would strongly suggest that the posters observations are a reflection of himself, not reality.

uh

Old 07-27-2015, 05:54 PM

22 posts, read 41,528 times
I really wouldn't give much thought to living in that kind of town, because I have a knack for ignoring drama and gossip. However, I'd sure hate to put my kids in that situation at school.... and unfortunately the only way to find out what the schools are like is to be in them! From what I hear about HS schools, it would be our last choice. Lots of research to do on the area, regardless! I'm just thankful for all the opinions I'm hearing and that you guys are willing to take the time to answer my questions, thank you!

Old 07-27-2015, 06:22 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,864,611 times
I am confident that you will make a good decision for you and your family. Goof luck and keep in touch.
uh

Old 09-28-2016, 06:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,647 times
Just needed to add that my wife and I moved to HS two years ago and find it VERY friendly. RaymondJHostile is just telling you about himself. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota