Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 04:03 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,861,027 times

Advertisements

I am not Milleflower but I have lived in and around Hot Springs for the past 6+ years. The air is clean, crime rate is low, & people are friendly. Land is not expensive here, but my opinion of expensive may differ from others. You may want to check ZILLO.com for some current listings and sales of real estate. The zip code for Hot springs is 57747. There is a link in my first answer to Milleflower that will give you info on what you can build in Hot Springs. The county of Fall River, which is wher most of the acreage is, has no building codes or zoning so you can do whatever you want.

uh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,164 times
Hello I am very interested Tom visit South Dakota to possibly live. I have heard all good things but I have always lived in NY, City or Bklyn, NY. I am looking for condo with pool and laundry on site. We are in our early 50’s. We have 4 dogs....they are loving and very sweet....like us.....lol. Just looking for thoughts or feedback. Thank you.

Tara

Old 05-08-2018, 06:18 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,861,027 times
My first thought is this is a very rural area and you are a big city girl. What makes you think you could adapt to some rather large social changes. Seriously, have you ever lived in a rural environment?

My second thought is that because Hot Springs is a relatively small town, there are few, if any, Condos available in Hot Springs. You should be able to find a condo that would fit your needs in Rapid or possibly Spearfish.

The climate here is hot & dry unlike any part of the east coast. You would have to make a visit to see if the climate would be what you want.

I love it here, but I was raised on a farm in western Mn. Much different from NYC.

Good Luck and keep posting questions.

UH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota