Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2023, 05:46 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times

Advertisements

I think Nadal will tie or overtake Djokovic in the Slam Race in 2024-25 (Nadal appears to be fully over his injury, training with no restriction now, so I doubt 2024 will be his swansong), but a drug ban will remove Djokovic from the equation anyway.

Djokovic sounds completely rattled here; scared of the unpredictability that awaits him.
Plus I never bought the whole gluten story, and why he could suddenly outlast everyone in 2011 after being such a quitter for the first 7 years of his career....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2023, 12:51 PM

3,797 posts, read 2,992,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I think Nadal will tie or overtake Djokovic in the Slam Race in 2024-25 (Nadal appears to be fully over his injury, training with no restriction now, so I doubt 2024 will be his swansong), but a drug ban will remove Djokovic from the equation anyway.

Djokovic sounds completely rattled here; scared of the unpredictability that awaits him.
Plus I never bought the whole gluten story, and why he could suddenly outlast everyone in 2011 after being such a quitter for the first 7 years of his career....
I’m sure there’s been plenty of dopers in sports history that were never caught.
Djokovic certainly isn’t one of them.
They get tested all the time, and during the off season too - which is quite short in tennis.
The 2011 transformation wasn’t even that dramatic, he’d just spent 4 years as the YE#3 before he started winning more consistently, and beating his 2 main rivals.
He was also at his physical peak at 24yo.
The fact that he’s won 3 slams again in 2023 as a 36 yo is more interesting, but it shows his commitment to training and discipline in everything he does, plus his durability and flexibility, while his much younger rivals mostly remain clueless.
Alcaraz has had issues with cramping and fitness too, indicating that peak fitness and stamina often comes later.

Old 11-24-2023, 06:59 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Djokovic won ONE slam title prior to 2011, and it was 2008 AO and he won it with aggressive play and not with obscene endurance.
That's nothing like winning THREE slams in 2011 and 24 slams overall....
And like I said, he was known for giving up when the physicality became too much, the total opposite of what he'd become in 2011 and beyond.
He explains it with the switch to a gluten-free diet.
Alcaraz has a cramping problem (and it only shows itself very rarely), not an endurance problem.
His recent losses are nothing to do with endurance, but simply a loss of form, poor execution and a dip in confidence.
As for when peak fitness comes, Nadal peaked physically in 2008, and Federer got less and less fit during 2010-2020.

Old 11-25-2023, 07:35 AM

6,998 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I’m sure there’s been plenty of dopers in sports history that were never caught.
Djokovic certainly isn’t one of them.
They get tested all the time, and during the off season too - which is quite short in tennis.
The 2011 transformation wasn’t even that dramatic, he’d just spent 4 years as the YE#3 before he started winning more consistently, and beating his 2 main rivals.
He was also at his physical peak at 24yo.
The fact that he’s won 3 slams again in 2023 as a 36 yo is more interesting, but it shows his commitment to training and discipline in everything he does, plus his durability and flexibility, while his much younger rivals mostly remain clueless.
Alcaraz has had issues with cramping and fitness too, indicating that peak fitness and stamina often comes later.
Novak is jacked........no denying it. He must have put on 10+ pounds of muscle on his upper body alone in the last couple of seasons. He is serving harder, trying to play shorter points, dictate more as he ages.

My take is the guy would NEVER dope, he seems to hate anything pharma, maybe I am naive.......but it's more likely he eats a perfect diet every day and works out to the level he describes.

Dude really cares more than anyone else I have ever seen about winning tennis matches and legacy, and I don't think he would sully it.

2011 jump was just that, a 24 year old great entering his prime.

Old 12-30-2023, 07:22 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
i'll see your joker and raise you the greek freak. frail ectomorph turned mr olympia in a flash

nba is juice central

Old 01-06-2024, 06:44 PM

732 posts, read 406,849 times
Lebron is clean. It’s perfectly normal for an almost 40 year old to dominate the league

Old 01-06-2024, 08:18 PM

5 posts, read 1,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
i'll see your joker and raise you the greek freak. frail ectomorph turned mr olympia in a flash

nba is juice central
nba and nfl most juiced sports in the world these guys look like prime time juiced mlb players in 90s. tennis not that much if you pull serena out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports