Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 09:27 AM

1,151 posts, read 615,539 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strangely odd that Tiger continues to wear his “sunday red” when he is barely able to even stand up on Sunday? It’s painful to watch, I’ve never been a fan, I’m glad he will never own the record wins on the PGA tour and he’ll never own the record for majors either. He needs to just stop, I have no idea why he doesn’t. What is he trying to prove? He is ruining his legacy at this point.

As a non fan, I can’t deny his talent. He lost me with his sex addiction and they way he parades around portraying himself as some kind of “family man”. His personal life is shameful and a disgrace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 10:13 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else find it strangely odd that Tiger continues to wear his “sunday red” when he is barely able to even stand up on Sunday? It’s painful to watch, I’ve never been a fan, I’m glad he will never own the record wins on the PGA tour and he’ll never own the record for majors either. He needs to just stop, I have no idea why he doesn’t. What is he trying to prove? He is ruining his legacy at this point.

As a non fan, I can’t deny his talent. He lost me with his sex addiction and they way he parades around portraying himself as some kind of “family man”. His personal life is shameful and a disgrace.
Well, there's certainly no shortage ofpeople in sports, entertainment, politics etc. of whom much the same can be said about. And in many cases the shame and disgrace exists nowhere but in the eyes of the beholder.

As far as Tiger goes, how many other golfers didn't make the cut that he has for 24 consecutive years? Love him or hate him it's quite an accomplishment.

Old 04-14-2024, 11:20 AM

61 posts, read 36,495 times
Quote:

It's just you.

People that don't care about Tiger don't usually put this much thought into him.

Old 04-14-2024, 05:58 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Tiger was amazing on the golf course
As a human being his is on the same level as Michael Vick for dog ownership.

He is struggling to walk. but to be fair he got screwed this year for the playing schedule.

Old 04-14-2024, 06:44 PM

1,151 posts, read 615,539 times
His $39,000 in “winnings” won’t pay for a wild (and unprotected) weekend in Vegas.

Old 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM

6,589 posts, read 11,277,081 times
Quote:
His $39,000 in “winnings” won’t pay for a wild (and unprotected) weekend in Vegas.
LOL. I'm sure he's really stressing about that while flying in his G550....

Old 04-15-2024, 11:16 AM

6,998 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Old golfers tend to come back and play in this event, right? Most make it two rounds before their aching backs, rickety knees, and swollen feet land them below the cut line. Tiger's "mistake" was making the cut, which he should be happy about at his age. He played two good rounds, two more than I have ever played.

Old 04-15-2024, 11:22 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
LOL. I'm sure he's really stressing about that while flying in his G550....
Ok, not sure the last place prize covered the round trip costs of flying that jet!

Old 04-15-2024, 11:53 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
It's just you.

People that don't care about Tiger don't usually put this much thought into him.

Yep, this reminds me of the people on Reddit where I learned the term "hatewatching". People watch a show they absolutely hate, just so they can go online and bish about it. It's toxic af.

Old 04-15-2024, 12:07 PM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Old golfers tend to come back and play in this event, right? Most make it two rounds before their aching backs, rickety knees, and swollen feet land them below the cut line. Tiger's "mistake" was making the cut, which he should be happy about at his age. He played two good rounds, two more than I have ever played.
It was like Wrestlemania when the old stars from generations passed came back for the big event. Woods does claim the Green Jackets and gave the sport a boost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports