Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:38 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,761 times

Advertisements

Well, some of you know, by reading the "Ladies: Branson Newcomers" thread that a few of us have gotten together to form a social "club". This is the new thread for those wanted to participate.

We (boof, lakejunkie, Donna, Mrs.G and MrsC) decided that it would be better to open this up to everyone..not just newbies and not just to ladies. And we are renaming this to honor Lake Junkies observation that using this forum is sort of like meeting in a coffee shop..you meet, talk, and see all sorts of other people.

We're thinking that once a month we could meet for coffee someplace for coffee (Springfield one month, Ozark one month, Hollister one month, etc..) and we could all get together once a month to "discover" new restaurants, recommended places we haven't tried, etc. Also perhaps an occasional show or family get-together (like a holiday part, summer picnic, etc).

So...the first coffee clatch was great (lasting 3 hours!) and I can tell you...Boof, LakeJunkie, Donna, and MrsG are great ladies...all different, all interesting, and all full of information, tales, and good humor.

Jump in one and all!

Old 08-10-2007, 06:50 PM

129 posts, read 478,030 times
Thumbs up Great idea

Hey Mrs chili its me Icelady. This sounds wonderful: Everyone would have a blast!!! I would love to come but can't due to the fact I'm in fl Hey I can come if ya'll buy me a plane ticket! LOL Well when I do come to visit if the time is right for your get together maybe I can drop in and say hi I hope you get e good turn out. This is an awesome idea to met people!!!!
Ice

Old 08-10-2007, 07:52 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,850 times
Thumbs up We had a Blast....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Well, some of you know, by reading the "Ladies: Branson Newcomers" thread that a few of us have gotten together to form a social "club". This is the new thread for those wanted to participate.

We (boof, lakejunkie, Donna, Mrs.G and MrsC) decided that it would be better to open this up to everyone..not just newbies and not just to ladies. And we are renaming this to honor Lake Junkies observation that using this forum is sort of like meeting in a coffee shop..you meet, talk, and see all sorts of other people.

We're thinking that once a month we could meet for coffee someplace for coffee (Springfield one month, Ozark one month, Hollister one month, etc..) and we could all get together once a month to "discover" new restaurants, recommended places we haven't tried, etc. Also perhaps an occasional show or family get-together (like a holiday part, summer picnic, etc).

So...the first coffee clatch was great (lasting 3 hours!) and I can tell you...Boof, LakeJunkie, Donna, and MrsG are great ladies...all different, all interesting, and all full of information, tales, and good humor.

Jump in one and all!
MrsC,

Just thought I'd chime in and echo your words. She's right everyone, we had a blast!!! Maybe because we've gotten to know each other here in the forum, it seemed like it didn't take long before we were talkin' like we'd known each other for years. Well, at least that's how I saw it. (I'm sure the others would concur). And I can't wait till we do it again.

Hopefully more of you will do like MrsC says and 'Jump In'. This could turn out to be the beginning of a great tradition. The more the merrier people.

And MrsC, it was soooo nice meeting you!!!! Thank you for the great idea of having what turned out to be a 'Coffee Clatch' in the first place. You are a terrific lady and I'm glad we're friends!!!

MrsG, LJ, Donna....same goes for you!!! You all brightened my day and gave me a smile that still hasn't worn off.

Icelady, you are always welcome to make a Cameo... Hopefully it won't be as long as you think it might be. This really is a great group of folks!!!

A Toast to Friends!!!!!

Boof

Old 08-10-2007, 08:25 PM

318 posts, read 727,116 times
Glad to hear all of you ladies had a great time. Sorry I had to miss the first meeting. Gripster is still settling in and for me I am getting the kids ready for school on the 16th. Wow this summer has just flown by. Count me in on the next meeting!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 PM

129 posts, read 478,030 times
Thumbs up THUMDS UP FOR MRS> CHILI and EVERYONE

Hey thats is so great that everyone had fun!!!!! I wish I was there. I hope it was a good turn out. I am glad it happened. I will keep checking this thread for more comments. This makes me more eager to visit. Great job ti you Mrs. Chili YOU GO GIRL!!!
Ice

Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,381,758 times
Cool Totally...cool.

I was waaaaay too excited.
This is such a great idea, Mrs. C.
Once my caffeine high wore off...that coffee idea Rocks...
You'ns just name the next time 'n place...

...the lake?

Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
I was waaaaay too excited.
This is such a great idea, Mrs. C.
Once my caffeine high wore off...that coffee idea Rocks...
You'ns just name the next time 'n place...

...the lake?
(((((((LJ))))))),

It is soooo nice to hear you had such a good time too.

Your idea for a get-together at the lake is a Great one!!! And since it'd be for Guys & Gals....it'll let us all end the summer with a Bang. It is very generous of you to offer. Thanks I'll keep 'C3bunny' posted and make sure she knows about it too. I'd love for her to come to the next one...she's a super lady!!! (she's still getting settled and is waiting for her internet).

And people....don't worry, the ol' Boofster won't be bringin' her Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, hehehehe, so yas won't have to worry about bringin' yer blinders. LOLOLOL Although I heard MrsG is gonna bring hers. Wooooo Hoooo!!!! tee hee tee hee tee hee

Yep, a good time it was.

Boof

Old 08-11-2007, 08:15 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,332 times
Thumbs up Just another party girl...

Hmmm...me thinks SOMEONE is either delusional or is havin' some pret-ty interesting dreams!!!

But I DID have an awesome time with the gang and am looking forward to meeting more of you in the future! I love that the group will be moving around since we all live in different areas. That means some of you will come to the meetings that are closer to your area even if you can't come to all of them.

L J, are you invitin' us all over to your house or just somewhere's on the lake? Wouldn't want to put you on the spot or impose on you!!! Yikes!!!

I just want to add one more thing...

I want to be sure that everyone knows that we aren't limiting it to the actual forum posters. If your spouse or a friend wants to come along, the more the merrier!!! This will come in especially handy when someone has a ways to drive to get there!

Group hug!

MrsG

Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hmmm...me thinks SOMEONE is either delusional or is havin' some pret-ty interesting dreams!!!

But I DID have an awesome time with the gang and am looking forward to meeting more of you in the future! I love that the group will be moving around since we all live in different areas. That means some of you will come to the meetings that are closer to your area even if you can't come to all of them.

L J, are you invitin' us all over to your house or just somewhere's on the lake? Wouldn't want to put you on the spot or impose on you!!! Yikes!!!

I just want to add one more thing...

I want to be sure that everyone knows that we aren't limiting it to the actual forum posters. If your spouse or a friend wants to come along, the more the merrier!!! This will come in especially handy when someone has a ways to drive to get there!

Group hug!

MrsG
MrsG,

You have such a way with words!!! I wish I could speak as eloquently as you do. And I'm just lovin' the graphics you're finding. I think I'm gonna have to ask you where you keep this 'secret stash' of yours. Perhaps I could bribe you with the promise of wine & cheese??? Or do I have to make that....Whine & cheese??? hehehehehe

And just FYI....I am not delusional!!! I prefer to call it 'Overly Imaginative'. hehehehe Or is it Under Medicated??? Geez, I can never remember!!! Dang I wish that Fed Ex man would hurry up and get here!!! Grrrrrr!!! I should have known better than going to a place called 'Brains~R~Us'. Awww, that's what I get for using an expired coupon.

As for us Roaming Band Of Gypsies...I too am glad that we'll be meeting at different places in different areas....it will be nice soas to allow people from different areas to join in. Like you said.....The more the merrier!!!

Well, I gotta go.....my ride is here... You have a nice evening darlin'.

TTYS,
Boof

Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,332 times
Question Boof! Are ya still with us, girl?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
MrsG,

You have such a way with words!!! I wish I could speak as eloquently as you do. And I'm just lovin' the graphics you're finding. I think I'm gonna have to ask you where you keep this 'secret stash' of yours. Perhaps I could bribe you with the promise of wine & cheese??? Or do I have to make that....Whine & cheese??? hehehehehe

Okay, I've got to break the rule and just reply in the middle of your post, Boof! Thanks for your kind and witty words! Would this be a good time to tell them that after the coffee bash, you and I continued our visit with lunch and then a visit to Heather Hill Farms for some wine and cheese tasting? Oh, well! The cat's outta the bag, now!!!

Sorry! I tried!

And just FYI....I am not delusional!!! I prefer to call it 'Overly Imaginative'. hehehehe Or is it Under Medicated??? Geez, I can never remember!!! Dang I wish that Fed Ex man would hurry up and get here!!! Grrrrrr!!! I should have known better than going to a place called 'Brains~R~Us'. Awww, that's what I get for using an expired coupon.

Bwaaahahaahahaa! Toooo funny, girlfriend!

Hey! Did you say Brains~R~Us???
You mean THIS Brains~R~Us???

Ohhhh, nooooooo!

Well, I gotta go.....my ride is here... You have a nice evening darlin'.

TTYS,
Boof

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, BOOF!!!

DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOU!!!
WE NEEEED YOU!!!

P.S. WHAT secret stash??? I'm innocent!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area