Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM

325 posts, read 966,579 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about a dual purpose trip to St. George; 1) a fact finding mission to see if St George would be good place for our spring/fall retirement home (we already have our winter/summer place in the mountains) and 2) a badly needed R&R with my wife that would be comparable to a resort stay.

I have heard that there are "Spas" that cater the I'll spend anything if I can delude myself into thinking that I'm losing weight, purging myself of toxins and will use this trip to set me on the path to healthy living. But that's not what I'm looking for. I just wast a luxurious room, spectacular views, beautiful pool and quiet relaxation.

Does such a place exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:09 AM

22 posts, read 49,552 times
As far as a luxurious hotel room....the new La Quinta is probably the best. Very nice rooms and a decent breakfast area for mornings. Pool is decent but it is located close to the freeway so the noise might effect your relaxation. As for the spectacular views....not much from the hotels. However, a few minutes in any direction you will find plenty. If you want to go to the spa....then there are a few of those around and close enough to the hotels to make it easy.

Hope this helps

Old 04-28-2011, 03:41 PM

404 posts, read 1,199,759 times
We have stayed at the Inn at Entrada --www.innatentrada.com They are individual homes/casitas and you can book a studio, one bedroom, or the whole unit which combines the two. It is absolutely spectacular. It is located near Tuacahn (outdoor amphitheater) and very close to the entrance at Snow Canyon. My husband still laughs as this was the first, and to this date the only, property where I didn't even hint about changing rooms

Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,672,498 times
Get a room!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:44 AM

325 posts, read 966,579 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually looking at Entrada since it's also on my radar for a retirement house purchase.

Any other's in that genre?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 PM

239 posts, read 954,463 times
Entrada would be my first choice. Check out the Ledges, I think they may have rentals, that is another high end, but beautiful area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George