Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,286,249 times

Advertisements

i'm not the only one continuing this, cool...certain people on this board don't even live in Southern Utah and feel fit to put in their two cents. Someone who lives in the top half of the state probably does not know any attorneys here. So they shouldn't even be posting. I do live here...we had an attorney draw up some documents for us last year and we liked him. Figured he was LDS as we were not offered any coffee and usually when you are in a law office, or our financial office, or whatever, you are usually asked if you would like some coffee or water. That didn't happen here. Not making any statement about it..I can get my own coffee...I offered the original poster to contact me and I could forward along this attorney's information. I have not heard from him/her so I don't know what their deal is. For all I know just to stir up trouble. I and others who are sensitive to the LDS issue offered some suggestions. Don't be flaming me..yes I know we moved here, yes I know its mostly LDS...we knew that and I certainly don't even want to get into that crap again. Just trying to help the poster find legal help...my offer still stands, they just have to pm me.

Jeez..i need a drink now...I never even drank until I moved here. no comment necessary...later I have better things to do than sit on this board all afternoon..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 08:15 PM

22 posts, read 65,375 times
thanks for all the help. you know.. i got to say... that sarge you remind me of all the reasons why i left utah in the first place. my experience of the people in southern utah has led me to believe that they are a judgemental lot. a do as i say not as i do.. is an apt credo. i have experienced people who are biased and unrelenting in their narrow mindedness about themselves and their religion. unkindness abounds... i lived in southern utah for 7 years. i personally have experienced people who cliam to be christains but they act in a most unchristian like manner i have ever seen. judgemental, biased, unwilling to see beyond what their percieved truth is. the attorneys that i have engaged served the greater good of their religion by ignoring the facts and putting forth their own religious agenda by not being unbiased in their representation. that is a fact. the truth is that really exists there in so. utah. if you are not a member you do not recieve the same treatment as all. and the whole separtion of church and state thing.. well it is on the same level as your belief thing . interpertation.. so please do not preach to me . as i said you have no idea of what life is like if you live in so. utah and are not mormon. that said, go in peace...

Old 11-15-2007, 08:35 PM

52 posts, read 165,826 times
Hi Akkat:

Please excuse the petty BS on this forum. You don't have to justify your needs, your just asking for help. Have you tried the Utah State Bar Association? I'm sure they don't know the faiths of their members, but they might be able to assist you in some way. I have a Attorney in Park City, he appears to be non-LDS, although I can't say he's been a ball of fire. We too, are currently searching for a Attorney, but in the SLC area. PM me if you wish and I can pass on what I know.
side note-Dogmom, want to hook up for that wine? Maybe we should ask our "Leading Expert on Everything" what he would recommend, then his buddy could swear to it!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM

Hey girl...you're on...I have some sure fire stuff the hubby smuggled in from WA state...

Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,528,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkat View Post
thanks for all the help. you know.. i got to say... that sarge you remind me of all the reasons why i left utah in the first place. my experience of the people in southern utah has led me to believe that they are a judgemental lot. a do as i say not as i do.. is an apt credo. i have experienced people who are biased and unrelenting in their narrow mindedness about themselves and their religion. unkindness abounds... i lived in southern utah for 7 years. i personally have experienced people who cliam to be christains but they act in a most unchristian like manner i have ever seen. judgemental, biased, unwilling to see beyond what their percieved truth is. the attorneys that i have engaged served the greater good of their religion by ignoring the facts and putting forth their own religious agenda by not being unbiased in their representation. that is a fact. the truth is that really exists there in so. utah. if you are not a member you do not recieve the same treatment as all. and the whole separtion of church and state thing.. well it is on the same level as your belief thing . interpertation.. so please do not preach to me . as i said you have no idea of what life is like if you live in so. utah and are not mormon. that said, go in peace...
We in Utah can only hope you are now happy in the land of the midnight sun. You might consider posting available properties near you. I believe there are a couple of others who might find bliss with you.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:43 AM

242 posts, read 1,118,899 times
In the USA any one can sue anyone else over anything. I know that sounds vague but it is the basis of what our legal system is. Now the problem is are you willing to pay the money to fight for what you think is a wrong done to you? There are many attorneies that will take a case, so long as you are willing to pay the money to do so. You might even get a few bucks out of it. Reality is that it is not a slam dunk on any case that you will win. This is not a relgious thing, it is the sad fact of how our legal system works. I have found that here in Utah, the attornies are more open about what the reality of a case really is. Many won't take a case when they know that you will be throwing large amounts of money at what ethically is a case, but legally is an very uphill fight with no guarentee of winning.

Vegas is the best place to find an attorney that would take a case no matter what. Will they do a better job? I doubt it. I would rather go with a attorney who told me upfront what the likelihood of winning was, rather than one who just wanted the money and was not upfront.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:11 PM

22 posts, read 65,375 times
i tried the bar association ... what a joke they reffered me to the internet. all i am looking for is someone who will be honest and fair... doesn't seem like much does it...
especially considering i am asking to find these qualities in an area that presumably abounds with rightousness ....ironic isn't it.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:49 AM

40 posts, read 282,109 times
I'm sure that this has already been said, but "I need a lawyer" is a very vague statement. Without the specifics of what your case involves there is no way of knowing what kind of attorney you need. Even a simple discrimination, divorce, contractual dispute, etc. will really help. We all specialize, some more than others. You would not go to a pediatrician if you were having a heart attack. The same thing goes for attorneys.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:46 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,741,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkat View Post
i tried the bar association ... what a joke they reffered me to the internet. all i am looking for is someone who will be honest and fair... doesn't seem like much does it...
especially considering i am asking to find these qualities in an area that presumably abounds with rightousness ....ironic isn't it.
How many lawyers have you tried? What indications do you have that none of these lawyers are fair? How did you approach the bar association? Was it in the same manner in which you have approached this board? What consitutes "fair" in your opinion? Is a decision only considered "fair" if it is in your favor? How would the judge know your religion? Why do you assume that if the lawyer is LDS you won't get fair representation?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 PM

Coolcats...obviously the poster has had issues with this in the past or they wouldn't be asking. I know what kind of attorney they are looking for but its not up to me to disclose that and it isn't anyone's business...but they are real issues...and you act like the poster is a loser....they are not, they have a real concern...how do you know what their phone manner is...too many assumptions here....now why would Akaat be anything but polite in contacting the bar association. Its to their advantage to be polite; you get more with sugar than salt. I thought it was strange to be referred to the internet...geez...they could have done that themselves...duh

Maybe Akaat can contact Nevada1 by direct message or email and get more advice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George