Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:08 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
He is eight. HE's very capable so I'm not too worried about his not being cautious. I am very picky on who gets to drive my kids around however, especially when so many of the bus drivers around here speed and show little respect for traffic laws.

He enjoys riding the bus for the most part...I remember liking it too. And at least this bus driver is a nice old man who doesnt seem to be in too much of a hurry. I was also happy to see that the route this bus takes is all back roads that are gravel-so speeding is not likely.

WHen we're out that direction, we don't feel nearly so nervous when we're driving because there is so much open space...visibility is better and you have more space for maneuvering if there is the possibility of a collision. Here, we have deep ravines and cliffs flanking our roads as well as hairpin turns and narrow winding roads. Deer pop out of nowhere! It's enough to make even the most cautious driver nervous.

Sounds like you have a handle and good attitude about the bus..it's so hard to let go...I know...hold your breath, say a prayer and it will be ok.

Did I miss, but where do you live that deer pop out of nowhere...that happens to us when we are at out little place in WA state, like bats outta hell come a deer. scary...parts of northern CA same way..i got so I never drived at dusk...too frightening for me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times
We're in middle Tennessee, between Nashville and Knoxville. It's a beautiful area but yes, the deer are crazy! I was driving home from town one night last November (my one month old son in the car) and a big buck literally appeared out of nowhere;he was apparently hidden behind a tree and was startled when my headlights rounded the curve. He darted across the road and I hit him going full speed (about 50 mph), never having had time to brake. He hit the hood of my Honda Odyssey dead center and did so much damage to the engine that my car was declared totalled. I was so sad-that was my favorite car yet. But we were very fortunate not to have been hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George