Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2006, 11:50 AM

8 posts, read 32,047 times

Advertisements

I am looking at the St. George area and got a very good response to my initial question. I wondered about Santa Clara, Irwins, Hurricane ( i.e. nearby towns to St. George). I am looking for a temperate, moderate climate that is affordable and wondered if anyone had any insight into these areas.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2006, 03:49 PM

378 posts, read 1,906,420 times
try this site: http://www.utahrealestate.com/

Old 05-30-2006, 02:03 AM

14 posts, read 85,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I am looking at the St. George area and got a very good response to my initial question. I wondered about Santa Clara, Irwins, Hurricane ( i.e. nearby towns to St. George). I am looking for a temperate, moderate climate that is affordable and wondered if anyone had any insight into these areas.
Thank you!
You just won't get a temperate climate in Washington County, sorry to tell you. The area is HOT in the summer, PERIOD. You will be 100F almost every day from mid-June to mid-Sept. Of course you will also have a nice balmy winter with no snow. The trade off is your call.

Santa Clara is VERY nice. It's old, historical, and lots of nice shopping is nearby. Ivins is a little more of a retirement place. Both may be a bit pricey though. Hurrincane is farther out from St. George, and it's not as nice. However, there are a TON of new builds filling the land between them, and you may find what you want out there. Also, Hurrican is cheaper, and not quite as hot as St. George. Another plus is the proximity to Zions Natl Park.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:36 AM

45 posts, read 238,296 times
I Know Where To Move To Find Low Humidity Etc.however,why Is The Humidity So High In Hurricane?is It The Proximity To Zion?
High Desert Country Ie.kanab Usually Accompanied By Low Humidity,good For Most People,anyone Know?

Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 PM

129 posts, read 515,609 times
FYI, Hurricane (pronounced Hurricun locally) is NOT high in Humidity. Except for the high mountains all of Utah is desert country, some of it high desert, some of it low desert, so don't expect any of it to be anywhere close to humid, and has been mentiond, Washington County is HOT!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 PM

33 posts, read 181,496 times
Leeds is 10 degrees cooler than St. George, but that goes for the winter as well. Just FYI.

I've been in St. George for seven years now, and this is the first June I've experienced consecutive temperatures above 100 degrees. Usually it is in the high-90's until July where it skyrockets to around 110 and then August it hovers around 100 and by the end of August to the beginning of September, it goes back to the high-90's. There is also a large night/day temperature difference so even in July, the nights/mornings are quite pleasant.

Heat can be uncomfortable, but the cold hurts.

P.S. It is Ivins.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:54 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,433,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Thank you!
It is Ivins, not Irwins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George