Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 07:43 AM

5 posts, read 3,683 times

Advertisements

So I was born and raised in St. Louis before moving to Dallas about 11 years ago for work. I realized about a year or two in that Dallas was never going to feel like home and made my mind up that once my son graduated HS I’d pack up and move on since I didn’t want to force him to change schools twice.V

With each year thats gone by I’ve grown more anxious to make the move as I grew my tired of the constant hot weather, crippling traffic, no trees or greenery and overall lack of a feeling of community with all the transplants. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of things I love about the area such as the food, job market etc however just miss the four seasons (good and the bad) and small town, community feel of St. Louis. Plus I miss being able to go to Cardinals games!!

That time has finally come, my son has applied to Mizzou, I’m about to transition to a new opportunity that is 100% remote which allows me to pack up and move at will so ready to pull the trigger!

But……..

So my concern is this……I left St. Louis married in my mid 30’s and returning a single guy in his mid 40s. While I’ve been back to St. Louis to visit I have no idea what it’s like 10 years later. I also have no idea what it’s like for a single mid 40’s guy. I do know that Dallas is a great city for singles including those in thier 30s, 40s. I’m looking to meet someone and settle down however not sure how St. Loiuis compares in that regard. From what I recall St. Louis is more families and married people but hell I have no idea any longer or if that was ever factually accurate. I just dont want to put myself in a position that would make it difficult for me meet new people my age rather that be friends or other.

I’m looking to purchase a home in Lafayette Square or Tower Grove areas whcih I’ve always loved and from what I recall would be a good fit for someone in my situation. Most family is out in the Chesterfield area but I just prefer the city.

So if anyone has any insights or feedback I’d very much appriciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 06:46 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
I relocated back to St. Louis in my mid 40s and it worked out fine. Meeting people was a lot of fun especially if you are in the city. I think you will find the transplants and boomerang St. Louisans will be who you will likely connect with.

I haven't had any luck with the dating scene. At the same time, I am very much into my career.

You will love Lafayette Square. Many transplants and very good sense of community.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:44 AM

5 posts, read 3,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I relocated back to St. Louis in my mid 40s and it worked out fine. Meeting people was a lot of fun especially if you are in the city. I think you will find the transplants and boomerang St. Louisans will be who you will likely connect with.

I haven't had any luck with the dating scene. At the same time, I am very much into my career.

You will love Lafayette Square. Many transplants and very good sense of community.

Appriciate the feedback! Good to hear. I’ve always loved the Lafayette, Benton Park, Tower Grove areas. Can’t wait to get back!

Old 09-19-2021, 09:38 PM

5 posts, read 3,160 times
Have you considered Kansas City? It's being doing a lot more right than St. Louis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis