Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 10:40 PM

10 posts, read 8,529 times

Advertisements

https://www.wcia.com/news/scenic-ill...ove-there/amp/

Don't know how much anyone has heard of this. I won't be buying any land, since I just got a house but, just curious of what people think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 12:22 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
I have friends that have a home between Alton and Grafton. Their home is surrounded by cornfields and it's very peaceful and quiet.

Grafton is a nice little town.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:49 PM

685 posts, read 766,977 times
Reminds me of Valmeyer. Very similar historical circumstances.

It could be a good deal for folks who don't need to be in the City daily, e.g. retirees, remote workers, etc. The neighborhood is a blufftop neighborhood too. Grafton has a beautiful geographic setting. Probably one of the most scenic towns near StL, so I can understand that appeal. I'm glad it has recovered so well from '93.

It's the way towns used to be built. The town would plat and build the streets, and the builders would construct the housing. It's not common nowadays, but it's not historically unprecedented.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:47 PM

10 posts, read 8,529 times
I love seeing everyone being supportive of this! If I would have known about this a year ago I probably would have taken the opportunity to buy land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis