Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2007, 11:32 AM

3 posts, read 8,917 times

Advertisements

Hello. I will be moving to St. Louis to complete an internship. Since I heard parking and traffic are bad in the Hospital Campus area, I would like to live where I have close access to the Metro Line or Metro Bus. The Forest Park Metro Link Station is very close to my internship. My main concerns are safety and cleanliness. Based on my current apartment experience, I am really trying to avoid roaches. I do not mind living in the suburbs and and taking the Metro in, although I like the convenience of living close to the Forest Park area. I have to admit that a close suburb w/ grocery stores, etc. is appealing. Any comments about Richmond Heights? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 12:25 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,939 times
Richmond Heights would certainly fit all your criteria with the exception of being close to Forest Park. I'm not sure, maybe someone else could help you with this, but I believe the metro line that goes to Richmond Heights would have you changing lines at Washington University to finish your trip. That can make a very short trip take a lot longer than you might want. As for the problem you had with bugs at your last apartment. This could happen anywhere, including the best apartments as nobody has control of how clean your neighbors keep their place, but properly treated you should be able to keep the place bug free. Look in the St. Louis Post Dispatch classifieds for condos or homes for rent as well as a local apartment guide. The Post's classifieds can be found on stltoday.com.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Thank you for the useful information!

I will check on that Metro Link route. Thank you again.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,995 times
This might be a bit late for the original poster to read it, but the Forest Park Metrolink stop is the one just before the fork; as long as you pay attention to which Westbound train you grab there, it's a straight shot between it and Richmond Heights.

As far as that goes, the Brentwood I-64 station is nearing completion. You can already take several busses to it, then walk down the ramp to the Brentwood Metrolink platform. For me, living in Richmond, this means just walking 30 feet from my house to the bus stop that goes right to it. There's a Dierberg's right next to the station too, but they hosed the design of the station just a bit and it's a really roundabout path to get to it from the station. Not terribly long, just a little annoying.

And for what it's worth, there are the two busses serving a WUSTL route that also overlap with both the Brentwood Metrolink stop and the proper Richmond Heights one.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:10 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rose View Post
This might be a bit late for the original poster to read it, but the Forest Park Metrolink stop is the one just before the fork; as long as you pay attention to which Westbound train you grab there, it's a straight shot between it and Richmond Heights.

There's a Dierbergs right next to the station too, but they hosed the design of the station just a bit and it's a really roundabout path to get to it from the station. Not terribly long, just a little annoying.
This is really good to know, thank you. I hope the original poster sees this as well. You mentioned Dierbergs. The Metro spokesperson came and talked to our office and said that the reason the station makes it hard for Dierbergs customers is that Dierbergs made such a stink because they didn't feel that Metrolink riders were the kind of customers they wanted in their stores. That's metro's spokesperson's words, not mine. She was really happy about how it was finally done and hoped that Dierbergs really regretted it in the long run.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 11,342 times
Default Depends...

What kind of vibe do you want?

For a funky, artsy feel, try up-and-coming Maplewood. It has lots of new shops, a great brew-pub (The Bottleworks) and grocery shopping.

For a more college and med-school professional feel, try Clayton. U City has a funky element to it around The Loop, but away from the Loop it's more college/med to the west or dangerous to the north, expensive to the south and reclaiming the ghettos to the east.

You could go out as far as Shrewsbury now that the Metro is finished. Shrewsbury is a nice bedroom community, and it is next door to Webster for funky restaurants, grocery stores, and entertainment once you get home.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 PM

Smile Thank you everyone for the information!

My apartment search has greatly narrowed based on your info. Also, a lot of it is good to just know in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis