Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
NSX NSX started this thread

877 posts, read 2,168,178 times

Advertisements

I used to regularly take multivitamins, however I would often get severe headaches very soon after taking them. I've tried a few different brands (Centrum, Nature Plus, etc) but I still usually would get the same result. I talked with my physician about this and he thinks it could be the Iron or Niacin, but isn't totally sure.

Since I've stopped taking vitamins, I rarely have headaches anymore but I also have significantly less energy. I'm now looking to try vitamins again, any thoughts on something good to take for someone like me who is sensitive to headaches? Should I look into iron-free a liquid multi's? Vitamin enriched drinks or foods?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 PM

859 posts, read 705,603 times
Do you think that a headaches occur as a result of taking Multivitamins ?
If you feel that. you don't need to take Multivitamins. because you can get it from food.
you can replaced it by eating enough rich food in vitamins . I think it's better to get energy.
you should interested in eating the four basic food groups to get the vitamins which your body needs.

Ask your physician about that.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
If you still want to try your hand at vitamins, Costco sells Gummy Vitamins for adults. I've tried a lot of different vitamins but these have been good to me. They are delicious...no water needed!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:07 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
It's possible that you're just getting too much of something that your body can't absorb efficiently. Your primary goal should be to eat a balanced diet, with the bulk of your nutritional needs in food, rather than in pills. Most of us don't get what we need from food though, because most of us don't eat the best foods possible, consistently enough. As a result, we end up not - undernourished, but malnourished. Improperly nourished.

What you might consider, is try a single childrens' vitamin once a day, instead of an adult dose. See if that gives you the energy you need, without the headaches. Also, never take a multivitamin on a completely empty stomach. A little nosh, a piece of something, a bite of something...anything to get digestion started is important when you take those multis.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
NSX NSX started this thread

877 posts, read 2,168,178 times
Thanks for the responses, I'm trying to get as much nutrition as I can from regular food. I just wish I could figure out which ingredient it is in some of the vitamins that is triggering these.

I have heard that liquid multivitamins absorb much better and I'm looking into a product called "Source of Life" right now. Do any of you have experience with it?

Old 02-07-2018, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,187 times
I believe it's the niacin. It causes a detox of liver, also it increases nitric oxide that puts a lot of blood flow to the head. Some people treat migraines with niacin but there are different types of headaches so.. I recommend taking individual supplements of what you think you don't get enough of (i.e.: sunlight vitamin d, b12 if you're a vegan, selenium if you've had any cancer or low immunity etc.) the rest you can get from food. Whole food is way better at delivering the nutrition in a complete package anyways. The other gentle way is natural herbal
Formula (I do Chinese herbs and acupuncture) formulas just mean several herbs combined to prevent side effects, these can be like a vitamin boosting you're health in whatever area you need without any side effects. I also find taking a chorella/spirulina tablets as a great replacement to vitamins without any headaches. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements