Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,464 times

Advertisements

I just started using Emerita Pro-gets cream. I am 45 years old and just found out I am in menopause the same as a 60 Year old woman would be, and gaining weight like crazy. I need to know if this will help me with weight loss and if not what do I need to do. I weigh 170 pounds and have never weighed more than 153 at 9 months pregnant with any of the three children I have. I am feeling very overwhelmed by this gain and I need help. Any suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 06:35 PM

245 posts, read 956,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBeasley View Post
I just started using Emerita Pro-gets cream. I am 45 years old and just found out I am in menopause the same as a 60 Year old woman would be, and gaining weight like crazy. I need to know if this will help me with weight loss and if not what do I need to do. I weigh 170 pounds and have never weighed more than 153 at 9 months pregnant with any of the three children I have. I am feeling very overwhelmed by this gain and I need help. Any suggestions would be great!
Some women say it can cause weight gain, others report weight loss...depends on the woman. I have a few questions....where are you gaining weight? For example, is it evenly distributed...all over your body? Is it targeted just in your mid-section, abdomen (this is common with menopausal weight gain, also adrenal fatigue)? Do you have any thyroid problems (all over weight gain)? Have you had labs checked for an underactive thyroid? What are your other menopause symptoms?

Old 12-07-2015, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,265 times
I am 35 years old and was put on progesterone cream from my doctor. They compound it in his office and I'm to use a "pump" in the morning and a "pump" at night. For the first week or so I couldnt sleep at all! I was about to go nuts!!! I can now sleep and don't really feel any different other than the fact that I feel like a FAT cow!! I wanted to get my hormones check initially because my hair was falling out and I couldn't lose weight. Now I'm obsessing about my weight 24/7!!!! They told me I would loss weight and that this would be my happy cream. Far from it! Can someone please help!

Old 12-07-2015, 08:09 PM

245 posts, read 956,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1432 View Post
I am 35 years old and was put on progesterone cream from my doctor. They compound it in his office and I'm to use a "pump" in the morning and a "pump" at night. For the first week or so I couldnt sleep at all! I was about to go nuts!!! I can now sleep and don't really feel any different other than the fact that I feel like a FAT cow!! I wanted to get my hormones check initially because my hair was falling out and I couldn't lose weight. Now I'm obsessing about my weight 24/7!!!! They told me I would loss weight and that this would be my happy cream. Far from it! Can someone please help!
Progesterone cream can cause weight gain in some people I've read. Have you had your thyroid checked? Thyroid problems can cause a host of problems, one of which being hair loss.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:17 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
Natural progesterone has saved my sanity. I've used it for years. The key is to find the right dosage--my doctor had me on way too low a dosage. I use the dosage needed to relieve my symptoms.

I have found this website (links to actual studies) to be incredibly helpful Progesterone cream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements