Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:10 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,718,050 times

Advertisements

Elmonellie, thanks for the tip about oat grass.

I looked for Serrapeptase, but cannot find it. Does it come as an ingredient in something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 11:24 PM

205 posts, read 741,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Elmonellie, thanks for the tip about oat grass.

I looked for Serrapeptase, but cannot find it. Does it come as an ingredient in something else?
I get mine at Vitacost. It's just a powdered capsule supplement. I haven't been taking it long enough to know if it's helping me, but I am taking a lot of new things at once too.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:43 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,017,382 times
Zyfllamend is another product worthy of consideration.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:23 AM

5,096 posts, read 12,603,993 times
Mangosteen juice is great. I took it when steroids and pain killers did nothing for plantars fasicitis in my foot. I knew about magosteen from time I spent in Sumatera so decided to give it a try .Within about 2 weeks the pain was gone and pain I have had in my shoulder since I was in college was gone and so were all the allergies and mild asthma I have dealt with most of my life. The past two years I have not had to take any medicines for any of those things but I do drink some mangosteen juice every day or at least a few times a week.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 AM

And you get mangosteen juice where?

What is a mangosteen, anyway?

I did a search in the forum on DMSO, and went out and got some today. I'll let you know how that works (along with everything else), if anyone is interested.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,017,382 times
southward bound wrote:
Click this link for information about Serrapeptase.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 PM

5,096 posts, read 12,603,993 times
A mangosteen is a fruit that grows in tropical Southeast Asia. In Sumatra people would tell me of all the health benefits and told me it was a great gift to take to people when visiting their homes as it was a very welcome prized fruit . It happened to be ripe when I was there in Dec, Jan..It is in no way related to a mango.

I ate alot of the fresh fruit when I was there and I never got sick for the months I was there and I was not as careful about eating as I should have been as it was very considered very offensive to turn down food offered you and since I ate at home with alot of families that was important to me. I don't know but maybe the mangosteen fruit I was eating daily was helping to keep my immune system strong.

There are companies out there that sell it for $40 oo a bottle so it can be very expensive and of course they all make claims only their brands work. I have never had theirs as I found it at Costco ( in the pharmacy section near vitamins)for around $17.0 a bottle which makes it cheaper and much healthier then drugs. Some people told me the Costco stuff would not work but all I can say to that is well it has worked and is still working for me. When I first got it it was quite tastey to drink then it changed a bit and while it is not bad tasting like noni ( yuck!) it is not as good tasting as it once was. Alot of tropical fruits are pungent and are a aquired taste. You are not drinking a big glass of it as it usually only takes an ounce or two. I started out with a higher dose then once I saw improvement dropped back to an ounce or two a day. As I said I no longer use flonase, claritin or any rescue inhalers or any drugs for that matter and I can be outside in peak allergy season with the wind blowing and not have any trouble, could't even do that when I was on all those drugs!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM

Thank you, Dashdog. I rather like Noni juice, so mangosteen should be palatable too. And what if it isn't? (apple cider vinegar isn't all that tasty either, but do-able. ). just don't ask me to take a spoonful of fish oil!

Old 07-26-2008, 08:31 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,972,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Are there any natural anti-inflammatories that can replace over-the-counter drugs and do the job more safely?

Are there foods that have anti-inflammatory properties?

What have you found that is effective for you for inflammation and pain (swollen finger joints, osteoarthritis, etc.)

Thanks,

You're looking for antioxidants. Pomegranates, blueberries, etc. There are some very powerful clean supplement antioxidants which you can take as well.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
southward bound wrote:
Click this link for information about Serrapeptase.
The product sounds great, and promises just about everything! However, I'm leary of online supplements that cost $30 for 90 tabs. That's a lot of $$ for an enzyme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements