Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,343,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Is this GHR you are considering ordering just arginine? If so, 12 gms. is A LOT to take at a time. Not that there's anything wrong with that--it's just a big dose.
Less than a tablespoon in half a glass of orange juice.

This stuff is sold in large jars at low cost.

Gram Conversion Calculator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarin2 View Post
Here's its site: BIEHealth.ca : GHR. But other internet voices warn it's likely a scam. I have no idea. If it can do even half of what it claims it has to be a bargain.
It contains pig brain tissue. Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

"Anterior Pituitary porcine source, 20mg
Hypothalamus, 5mg"

Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM

12 posts, read 126,325 times
Interesting comments. Thanks to all contributors! I'm hoping for more. When looking at all the anti-aging products, you have to think anything that can elevate our growth hormone levels has to be given special attention.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,343,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarin2 View Post
Interesting comments. Thanks to all contributors! I'm hoping for more. When looking at all the anti-aging products, you have to think anything that can elevate our growth hormone levels has to be given special attention.
Yes, if you cause your own growth hormone release with megadose arginine, with no competing amino acids at the time of ingestion (bedtime) you should also take megadose B's, and a variety of antioxidants.

But, more importantly, you should read up on this technique. Megadose arginine can cause outbreaks of herpes. But then, that can be countered by using lysine supplements.

"Diet is a very important factor in keeping herpes in remission. It has been found that foods high in L-Arginine may cause herpes outbreaks."

Herpes Treatment

Old 05-08-2011, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,694 times
as a former employee of the US FDA I would say stay away. it likely won't harm you (but why risk it?) but the most likely result is that you get no benefit and are out $150. there is no such thing as a 'cure all' and if the pill is so wonderful why not seek and obtain the proper regulatory approval to market it?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:20 AM

37,165 posts, read 41,364,782 times
The product contains pig pituitary and hypothalamus plus a bunch of amino acids. The pig parts are unlikely to do anything useful. Just another way to use slaughterhouse byproducts to make money for someone.

This is a glaring example that shows the need for more regulation of the supplement industry.

See here:

Can We Prevent Aging? Tips from the National Institute on Aging (http://www.nia.nih.gov/healthinformation/publications/preventaging.htm - broken link)

"Although there is no conclusive evidence that hGH can prevent aging or halt age-related physical decline, some clinics market hGH for that purpose and some people spend a great deal of money on such supplements. Shots can cost more than $15,000 a year. These shots are only available by prescription and should be administered by a doctor. But, because of the unknown risks, it is hard to find a doctor who will prescribe hGH shots. Over-the-counter dietary supplements, known as human growth hormone releasers, are currently being marketed as low-cost alternatives to hGH shots. But claims of their anti-aging effects, like all those regarding hGH, are unsubstantiated."

Make the company prove its claims. It cannot. That makes this a scam.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,535 times
Hey tamarin2, have been taking GHR for 1week. Nothing to report other than mild gastrointestinal discomfort. I too would like to know more. Share people, share. I plan to try 1st bottle and if there's nothing significant effects, I'll then try to refund the other 2. Report back later. Jeff

Old 07-31-2011, 03:34 PM

37,165 posts, read 41,364,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerys5 View Post
Hey tamarin2, have been taking GHR for 1week. Nothing to report other than mild gastrointestinal discomfort. I too would like to know more. Share people, share. I plan to try 1st bottle and if there's nothing significant effects, I'll then try to refund the other 2. Report back later. Jeff

See the previous post.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:17 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,799,930 times
Anti aging has been a big interest in my life and why not? Why not age with grace and if one can end up with less wrinkles and more vibrant why not?

I was offered HGH injections by an MD about 20 yrs ago at age 60 and did not go for them..they would have cost $300/month and then what///I could not afford and didn't feel comfortable with injecting the hormones.

I've over the years tried a couple otc products and nothing that I could see positive to continue and continue.

A couple months ago my daughter brought me a homeopathic HGH gel and I'm just about ending my 2nd month and YES, there are changes. She is into her 5th month and again, many changes. Costs us each $2.50 a day and if one can reduce pain meds and even drugs so many take, this is nothing.

I'll be making my own post on this HGH gel further into my months use.

BTW: With this gel, I felt a change going on in my 4th week. The first thing MOST report is improved sleep...my sleep was pretty good with all I've worked on for some yrs but now it's even almost heavenly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements