Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I will simply go to an Apple store and see if someone there can help me.
That's what I was going to suggest. Make an appointment for the Genius Bar before you go, or you may have a long wait. They are usually very helpful and they talk to me in plain English so I understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 12:55 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Of course there's a share icon from the iPad or iPhone safari browser! That's a basic iPhone function. It's the square with the upwards pointing arrow. On the tablet it's in the upper right corner next to the plus sign.

That pops up a menu with several other choices. The choice on the second row, on the far left next to "more" is "request desktop site."

More on the share button:
http://mashable.com/2016/03/04/how-t.../#N2QePfFQIGqH

Last edited by Debsi; 09-17-2017 at 01:05 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 06:40 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Of course there's a share icon from the iPad or iPhone safari browser! That's a basic iPhone function. It's the square with the upwards pointing arrow. On the tablet it's in the upper right corner next to the plus sign.

That pops up a menu with several other choices. The choice on the second row, on the far left next to "more" is "request desktop site."

More on the share button:
How to use your iPhone share button like a pro
Oh THAT share button. (For some reason I was looking on the page itself). Ok, that worked, up to a point. I was able to get the desktop site, and open photos, but when I click on any photo or album, it crashes ("iPhotos has stopped responding"). But at least I can see that my almost 12,000 photos from the past 13 years do still exist there. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:51 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
You're welcome!

It works for me on the iPad, no crash. Not sure what's going on with yours.

I'd try to find a friend with a computer and download all of those photos to a thumb drive (maybe two thumb drives so you have a backup) if you are planning to leave the apple cloud behind. Then you can upload them later to whatever new cloud storage you get, if you wish.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
You're welcome!

It works for me on the iPad, no crash. Not sure what's going on with yours.

I'd try to find a friend with a computer and download all of those photos to a thumb drive (maybe two thumb drives so you have a backup) if you are planning to leave the apple cloud behind. Then you can upload them later to whatever new cloud storage you get, if you wish.
Do you happen to know, if I do as you suggest, will the download be full resolution or does Apple only let me download a lower res? (Someone told me that Apple likes to kinda "hold hostage" the full res as a way of keeping customers chained to their cloud, but I don't know if that's true. Doesn't really make sense to me.)

Old 09-21-2017, 07:12 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Do you happen to know, if I do as you suggest, will the download be full resolution or does Apple only let me download a lower res? (Someone told me that Apple likes to kinda "hold hostage" the full res as a way of keeping customers chained to their cloud, but I don't know if that's true. Doesn't really make sense to me.)
See here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

You can download full resolution from cloud when needed. It's not an attempt to keep customers chained. It is a logical solution to the problem of filling up phone or tablet storage with full resolution photos.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
See here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

You can download full resolution from cloud when needed. It's not an attempt to keep customers chained. It is a logical solution to the problem of filling up phone or tablet storage with full resolution photos.
Thanks!

Old 10-17-2017, 01:12 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Quote:
Really? Who even has full size computers anymore? Not me.
By full size do you mean any PC or does it have to be a desktop? If it's the latter, then I'm in the same boat as I only have a laptop.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:45 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
By full size do you mean any PC or does it have to be a desktop? If it's the latter, then I'm in the same boat as I only have a laptop.
She's talking about ANY computer. She only users her iPad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets