Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 02:44 PM

17,669 posts, read 17,857,953 times

Advertisements

The YouTube video is from Campus Reform. Within the video are two self professed school teachers. If they are teachers then I fear for the minds of their students. Are they’re really teachers like this out there?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YC4Qg4IUkvY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 03:51 PM

4,620 posts, read 15,023,534 times
Oh my. Please tell me that these interviews were just a small slice and that more well-informed young adults were edited out for the purpose of "good tv" (meaning to raise eyebrows and solicit more head shaking and wows).

Old 07-04-2020, 04:30 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,690,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
Oh my. Please tell me that these interviews were just a small slice and that more well-informed young adults were edited out for the purpose of "good tv" (meaning to raise eyebrows and solicit more head shaking and wows).
I do believe these are edited. Sometimes at the end they will put a couple of interviews where the people seem know what they are talking about. It's hard to say if this particular video has people edited out or not, but I would guess so. The Campus Reform videos are funny, but there is an agenda.

As to the elementary teacher who didn't know the answers, I would say there are people like this in every profession. The elementary content knowledge exams are not big on historical dates, so you could pass without knowing a lot of these.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I do believe these are edited. Sometimes at the end they will put a couple of interviews where the people seem know what they are talking about. It's hard to say if this particular video has people edited out or not, but I would guess so. The Campus Reform videos are funny, but there is an agenda.

As to the elementary teacher who didn't know the answers, I would say there are people like this in every profession. The elementary content knowledge exams are not big on historical dates, so you could pass without knowing a lot of these.
Shouldn’t be able to graduate middle school without knowing this information.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:44 PM

45,579 posts, read 60,945,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post

I can damn near guarantee that most of the Math and English teachers I worked with wouldn't have known some of the answers (and some of them were older than me and went to school in "the good old days" when everyone got straight A's and read 7 years above grade level.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:11 PM

20,237 posts, read 9,149,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The YouTube video is from Campus Reform. Within the video are two self professed school teachers. If they are teachers then I fear for the minds of their students. Are they’re really teachers like this out there?
I always find these on the street interviews with today's youth comforting. I'll be gone in 20 years but I take comfort in knowing my grandkids will always have uneducated service people available to cut their lawns, clean their homes and do their menial chores. Thanks for the reminder!

Old 07-04-2020, 09:19 PM

6,400 posts, read 4,872,051 times
I wish he'd been able to interview Biden and Trump.

Chances are, the two dumbass teachers know as much as either of them.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:16 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,359,380 times
There are maybe 6 to 8 different people interviewed in that video. Who knows how many were interviewed that were too smart to make the cut? I'd bet plenty.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
There are maybe 6 to 8 different people interviewed in that video. Who knows how many were interviewed that were too smart to make the cut? I'd bet plenty.
I believe what you say is true. But it doesn’t excuse what was said by the two supposed school teachers.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:29 PM

12,909 posts, read 9,168,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I believe what you say is true. But it doesn’t excuse what was said by the two supposed school teachers.
While I'm sure they cherry picked answers, the two teachers just leave me speechless. Not only clueless about our history, but aren't even teaching the curriculum.

For those who argue whenever some of us point out liberal teaching going on in schools, well there it is, right from her own words, not teaching the curriculum but teaching about protesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching