Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Tornadoes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 07:24 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,842,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechoirlady View Post
I know this post is old, but I wanted to come in and comment that the guy doing the video thought the tornado was going to pass his house without hitting it. By the time he realized it was going to hit, it was too late for him to do anything. So he kept filming.

Yes, he made a bad choice. That doesn't make him stupid. I think he learned from his mistake and he has to live for the rest of his life knowing his inaction killed his wife.
I just now stumbled up on this thread so sorry for the late post.

I have to completely disagree with the above post. If he thought the tornado was going to pass his house and didn't realize it was not going to in about 5 to 10 seconds of shooting that video he is in fact stupid. He is standing there in a window, holding his phone or whatever recording the video. The tornado is staying in the dead center of the frame and he is not moving the camera to follow the tornado. He is staying in the same position, with the camera in the same position, with the roof line outside his window in the same position. It is blatantly obvious within a matter of seconds that the tornado is coming directly towards the camera. It is pretty simple physics. You know the tornado is moving but it isn't crossing your field of vision and is staying exactly the same location in your field of vision but getting larger. It doesn't take a genius to realize it is coming straight toward you.

It sucks that it killed his wife and neighbor but damn why were they on the second floor of the home watching and videoing the thing instead of taking shelter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 486 times
Wow. Anyone else hear what I did? I heard it before I read the front picture. Definitely sounded like his wife screaming and then it stopping but still echoing as if she’s running away from the camera.....that was super creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Tornadoes