Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,499,501 times

Advertisements

Agree with Bideshi -- Condit is scum, but he did not kill Levy or have her killed.

Here's the thing: most criminals just aren't that smart, or loyal, for that matter. A murder for hire is a professional transaction, and should the perpetrator be caught, he WILL TALK -- about who hired him, why, how much $ he was paid, etc. -- in order to get a reduced sentence.

Had the killer actually been hired by Condit, he would have talked and implicated him by now. The fact that he has not underscores that this was a terrible, horrific, random act of evil violence.

The DNA thing is curious, though. It may be the defense is trying to prove that the killer did not rape her -- which may spare him from the death penalty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,386,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
He had a physical relationship with her but he didn't kill her. She ran into a random thrill killer in the park.
I agree.

I'm always surprised at these political wives who over-look stuff. If my husband did that to me...I would call the news press myself. There wouldn't be a any patting him on the head and calling it a mistake. His career would be over and all his assets would be mine.
Could be why I'm single.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:52 AM

78,911 posts, read 61,095,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I agree.

I'm always surprised at these political wives who over-look stuff. If my husband did that to me...I would call the news press myself. There wouldn't be a any patting him on the head and calling it a mistake. His career would be over and all his assets would be mine.
Could be why I'm single.
I think a lot of those marriages were already shams and they had an agreement or something. Additionally, some of the wives are completely tied into the political life and if she hurts her hubby politically she faces ostracization by their social group.

ie) If a wife throws a public fit and exposes the hubby for sordid acts and he loses his senate seat to "the other party" that's tantamount to treason in the politically crazy group they likely run with.

I'd be curious just *what* some of those people would do if it meant their party would have an extra senate seat. I'm sure overlooking an affair would be minor relative to what they'd commit to doing.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:42 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,460,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think a lot of those marriages were already shams and they had an agreement or something. Additionally, some of the wives are completely tied into the political life and if she hurts her hubby politically she faces ostracization by their social group.

ie) If a wife throws a public fit and exposes the hubby for sordid acts and he loses his senate seat to "the other party" that's tantamount to treason in the politically crazy group they likely run with.

I'd be curious just *what* some of those people would do if it meant their party would have an extra senate seat. I'm sure overlooking an affair would be minor relative to what they'd commit to doing.
I totally agree. I think these women are not interested in the husband, but losing their "high profile" husband and all of the dinners, fun girlfriends and other perks would be terrible. Some women would rather be married to a creep for life than be single for two seconds. Sadly, he apparently was not using "protection" as he cheated on his wife...

If the wife doesn't care about his cheating, who am I to care? But you'd think he'd try not to transmit any diseases to her, unless they'd already ended their physical relationship.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I totally agree. I think these women are not interested in the husband, but losing their "high profile" husband and all of the dinners, fun girlfriends and other perks would be terrible. Some women would rather be married to a creep for life than be single for two seconds. Sadly, he apparently was not using "protection" as he cheated on his wife...

If the wife doesn't care about his cheating, who am I to care? But you'd think he'd try not to transmit any diseases to her, unless they'd already ended their physical relationship.
Yeah, that was the worst part of the Tiger Woods debacle....that he potentially exposed his wife and mother to his children to god-knows-what.

One other factor is that even though he cheated....if you go scorched earth and manage to actually ruin the guys reputation....how is he going to pay child support \ alimony? Revenge is nice but so is eating.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:06 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,370,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Agree with Bideshi -- Condit is scum, but he did not kill Levy or have her killed.
Sure, could be. We'll never really know. I was only reporting what the criminal profiler thought. I can hear 10 different scenarios & they all make sense... I'd be a horrible juror.

Quote:
Had the killer actually been hired by Condit, he would have talked and implicated him by now. The fact that he has not underscores that this was a terrible, horrific, random act of evil violence.
Yes, if you're assuming the guy they caught is the one who killed her. Perhaps he's not. That was the point the profiler was making, that he did kill others & so that law enforcement could close the case, why not pin 1 more on him or have him willingly accept responsibility to avoid the death penalty.

Quote:
The DNA thing is curious, though. It may be the defense is trying to prove that the killer did not rape her -- which may spare him from the death penalty?
Good point. I was wondering, has anyone brought up the possibility that perhaps she was pregnant or going to claim she was, giving her/Condit's lack of protection & wanted to meet Condit in a secluded place to assert her desire that he leave his wife and/or financially set her up & take care of her? Didn't she research a nearby place in the park prior to being found there a year later? It was found on her computer. Perhaps there was a tussle & her death was accidental... another theory, but it is possible.

Another sad part is remember the video of her aunt at a family gathering teasing her about her "senator" or some similar verbiage? It seems at least part of her family was aware of her daliance with a married man. Sad they didn't put in the effort to set her straight, not that I'm the moral police, but don't these situations often lead to trouble of some sort... she got the worst of it, that's for certain.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM

The scenario where condit orchestrated a careful cover-up murder....and then left DNA on her underwear is puzzling. It smacks of trying to shoehorn a predisposition onto the facts.

If DNA wasn't found (and we already knew he'd had relations with her) then we'd likely hear about the *coverup* and how the DNA was removed.

Seriously folks, if they found my gf like that they'd most definitely find dna evidence. Really, if you present that sort of *shocking* evidence to a jury most of them will look at you like you just sprouted a horn and sang the national anthem in a bikini.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 19,243,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
He had a physical relationship with her but he didn't kill her. She ran into a random thrill killer in the park.
Not quite. The last activity on her laptop was a map of Klingle Mansion in Rock Park. She was going there to meet someone.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:26 AM

7,352 posts, read 11,806,862 times
Of course Condit's DNA is in her undies. They were having an affair, right? If it were found on her clothes at the crime scene, that might catch my attention more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime