Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,448,969 times

Advertisements

Well it's about time.
This woman is turning out to be increasingly vicious, sadistic and anti-social.
I am happy that she has been formally indicted and I hope that she never sees the light of day.
The woman is a train wreck - seven marriages, a daughter who is afraid of her, bigamy.bad checks, forged ransom notes, selling of rented goods - is there anything that this woman ever did that did not turn to $h*t?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 12:48 AM

332 posts, read 498,245 times
Hmmm.....that woman seems like pure evil.

I watched the interview with Adam Baker on 60 Minutes here in Australia the other night and I have to say that for all his tears, I wasn't convinced. All still very suspicious where he is concerned, too many questions left unanswered. He worked long hours, so he thought that Zahra was in bed? For two weeks he never checked? Garbage! At best he would still be guilty of being a sh** father.

I hope that Elisa Baker gets the maximum sentence for second degree murder, though she should have been charged with first. She is a child killer, there should be no deals.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 AM

4,724 posts, read 4,416,945 times
I was "relieved" to see that she was indicted, but puzzled =thanks to Nancy Grace who pointed out that the charge is 2nd degree murder (not 1st degree)... but the sad plain truth is that this poor little girl endured such horrible treatment by "parents" . I just cannot think of anything positive to say except that she is no longer suffering. That's just so wrong. I almost can't think about this case because it is just so absolutely wrong wrong wrong.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:04 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,146,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegold View Post
Hmmm.....that woman seems like pure evil.

I watched the interview with Adam Baker on 60 Minutes here in Australia the other night and I have to say that for all his tears, I wasn't convinced. All still very suspicious where he is concerned, too many questions left unanswered. He worked long hours, so he thought that Zahra was in bed? For two weeks he never checked? Garbage! At best he would still be guilty of being a sh** father.

I hope that Elisa Baker gets the maximum sentence for second degree murder, though she should have been charged with first. She is a child killer, there should be no deals.
As I see it, this is a first degree murder, drawn out over time. The woman constantly humiliated & abused the child in many ways, finally resulting in her death. The father seemingly turned a blind eye.

Aussiegold, how much is known in Australia about the father's treatment of his daughter before coming here to the US? People here debate whether he was somehow "spellbound" by Elisa Baker. Was he thought to be a good father in the earlier years? Or did questions arise about his care of her then? What I've read indicated that Zahra had many friends & supporters there who kept her spirits up. Seems to me the dad should never have brought her here. She had enough to deal with, without moving across the world. Her caregivers there were familiar with her illnesses. If Dad had to marry Elisa, she should have moved there. Easier for 1 person to move that far than 2, with 1 being a severely ill child.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
It seems like no one cared about this girl, not even her own parents.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:50 AM

332 posts, read 498,245 times
From what I understand, Zahra seemed to have a relatively happy life in Australia and didn't really want to leave her friends and family. There has been no evidence of abuse discussed here as far as I know. Apparently Zahra's grandmother had a large role in raising her at the time. Don't know how involved Adam Baker was. That would tend to give weight to the idea that Adam Baker was "spellbound" by Elisa. Still would not excuse him from at least being a neglectful, spineless father. I guess plenty of men out there have been guilty of allowing a woman to dictate like Elisa apparently did, so who knows..supposedly locals in Queensland weren't terribly taken with Elisa when she visited.

The 60 minutes interview probably didn't do an awful lot to gain sympathy here for Adam, still far too many unanswered questions. If he really was so easily led by Elisa then I guess she could have ensured his involvement in at least disposing of Zahra's body, and that may account for some of his behaviour, but that is sheer speculation on my part. If he was involved in any way, I hope that the courts throw the book at him too.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 AM

Alas I have seen men "spellbound" by certain women. I am NOT excusing Adam -
but that woman does seem to be evil.
She incited seven men to marry her?
She looks like a hag.
However, even if Adam Baker was "dick twisted" by her, I have no sympathy for him.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegold View Post
From what I understand, Zahra seemed to have a relatively happy life in Australia and didn't really want to leave her friends and family. There has been no evidence of abuse discussed here as far as I know. Apparently Zahra's grandmother had a large role in raising her at the time. Don't know how involved Adam Baker was. That would tend to give weight to the idea that Adam Baker was "spellbound" by Elisa. Still would not excuse him from at least being a neglectful, spineless father. I guess plenty of men out there have been guilty of allowing a woman to dictate like Elisa apparently did, so who knows..supposedly locals in Queensland weren't terribly taken with Elisa when she visited.

The 60 minutes interview probably didn't do an awful lot to gain sympathy here for Adam, still far too many unanswered questions. If he really was so easily led by Elisa then I guess she could have ensured his involvement in at least disposing of Zahra's body, and that may account for some of his behaviour, but that is sheer speculation on my part. If he was involved in any way, I hope that the courts throw the book at him too.
I wouldn't mind seeing both of them charged with 1st degree murder & get life with no parole. They wouldn't last long in prison. Child abusers/molesters are among the most scorned in prison, because many prisoners were abused children themselves.

The system failed that child as far as prevention & protection goes. Justice upon her killers is the least we can do now.

Aussiegold, did she live anywhere near your region of Australia? I see you live in Sydney. Seems I read she lived in a small town, but I don't recall a region or nearby city being mentioned.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Alas I have seen men "spellbound" by certain women. I am NOT excusing Adam -
but that woman does seem to be evil.
She incited seven men to marry her?
She looks like a hag.
However, even if Adam Baker was "dick twisted" by her, I have no sympathy for him.
There are some people that exert a lot of control over others, I've known a few. A friend of mine would never let anyone talk him into anything he didn't want to do, & would not be manipulated in any way. Got married & his wife wrapped him around her finger. He would believe anything she told him, would go along with anything she wanted him to do, no matter how foolish.

You had a point with your terminology. A major weakness we have as men is that when aroused, we have an interlock that shuts down the brain. You're right too, that she looks like a hag. But maybe she has some kind of raw, trashy appeal to a few men.

But even with all this, I can't see how Zahra's father ignored her plight. I keep wondering if we will hear more out of Australia about his history there, if there was any precedent of poor parenting.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 PM

Than you for conceding my point. I have a brother who is in thrall to a woman who does not let him see his family.
I am not putting down either gender, but it does seem that women are more often the manipulators - as well as those involved in more hands on parenting - which can be good or bad.
Men seem to fall into rapture with certain woman and to implicitly trust women with children.
Sometimes with a very bad outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime